Thread: Alros Tomcat

Alros Tomcat

I know Alros made the Trailsman, Shadow and Starfire but did they ever actually produce the Tomcat for sale?
    I remember reading a review of one in Airgun World -- it was a very smart looking, carbine length gun and was said to be available as either a PCP or CO2 and I wrote to Alros about placing an order for the CO2 version, but never received a reply.
    Has anyone ever seen one?

Hi Allan

Yes Alros did make the tomcat. I have one - .20 cal. in walnut - PCP (CO2 only available in .22)
    Its a little beauty. As you say, very smart looking carbine. Very accurate, clean lines, very high standard of workmanship, action as sweet as a nut. No fuss, no nonsense just good all round quality. The only down side is a patch of dodgy blueing on the barrel.

I saw the same article and decided to go for it, I opted for 0.20 after reading an article on Ben Taylor's pellets that I think was in the same mag. A pretty awesome combination.

Alros was a one man band from what I can gather, ran by Alan and his wife Rosemary - hence the name. I phoned my order in and spoke to Alan who was a most helpful sort of bloke. He referred to other orders so I assume mine was not the only one made. I think they mainly traded mail order and seemed to pack in around the time the new air gun laws came out - maybe just coincidence? I did try phoning them a couple of years back but the phone just rang out