Thread: Beretta 92fs questions

Nikharvey is offline Goes by the name of Marjorie at weekends...

Beretta 92fs questions

hi all just got one of the above of another BBS member,can anyone who has one tell me when the slide is shut is there supposed to be any movement ? and is the barrel supposed to have slight play in the slide at the muzzle end ? mag end seems to be fine,sorry if these are dumbarse questions this is my first pistol,usually shoot rifles
    ''It is said we learn by our mistakes........clearly not as we keep making the same mistakes.'' My Theory
    ''War is the continuation of politics by other means'' Carl Von Clausewitz.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    There is usually a little play in the slide.
    The muzzle end of the barrel locates the foresight, the foresight fit determines the play at the front of the barrel.
    If you remove the slide & drop out the barrel you'll be able to use a little packing in with the tang on the foresight to sort out the barrel slop at the muzzle,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Nikharvey is offline Goes by the name of Marjorie at weekends...
    Cheers for that,just had a look and i see what you mean,by pushing down on the foresight greatly reduced the amount of barrel play,

Regards

Nik
    ''It is said we learn by our mistakes........clearly not as we keep making the same mistakes.'' My Theory
    ''War is the continuation of politics by other means'' Carl Von Clausewitz.