Thread: Zembu?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Zembu?

Any one heard of a person who posted on here in 2008 as Zembu, Guest, (did'nt know there was such a thing?)

Just found an old advert on a google search, and on his description for sale, he may have been selling a long lost friend of my wifes!! Her very special Original 75. I'd like to contact him to find that rifle.

Does he still post? Do the administrators have an e mail for him? Any help please

Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Zembu

Hi,
    There were some pictures I think done through Photobucket.
    The user name comes up there but not quite sure how you would make contact.
    Probably have to register like most forums.
    These pics were 3 years old though.
    Best of luck Jeff.

Zembu

Hi,
    It is possible to trace that original thread.
    In one of his/her posts there are contact details,
    Email cormie@supalife.com
    Good luck with your search.
    Jeff

Thanks Jeff
    He had moved on to another e mail address but I managed to contact him, and its not the specific gun I'm after.
    I've asked before, but just in case some one has it or it rings a bell, its a an early Original 75, well shortened, cheek piece built up, trigger reach shortened, and covered in International stickers when last seen, sold in Norfolk in the 1980's and not surfaced since, would love to get it back.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I hope you find your specially shortened Model 75 for your wife to use again - I know she was very successful with it and so it would be brilliant if you could trace it and buy it back for her.

Why not show some pictures of it here as it may help somebody to recognise it and possibly provide a lead for you to follow up?

Maybe somebody does know where it is but does not recognise it as it probably looks like a junior size rifle - especially if all her competition stickers have been removed over the years.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Picture of the "lost" Model 75 (Short).

Here is a picture of Robin's wife together with the shortened Model 75 they would like to find if possible.

The person next to her is holding a Model 75 that has not been "chopped" so it is possible to see the differences between the standard unmodified rifle and the cut down "special".

There are some other changes made to the rifle that Robin C may like to describe to help identify it further..and always the chance that it already has a good home with a happy owner.

.....but it would be nice to know!

Last edited by zooma; 03-11-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks Zooma
    I'm a complete disaster with computors so what you've done to get up the picture is much appreciated.

We would very much like to get this back for nostalgias sake, one for the detectives out there?
    I can identify it other than the length as it had mods to the trigger, if you look carefully you can see that the alloy link bar is longer and the trigger guard has been trimmed.

So guys your mission is, find this rifle!!!! Might run to a reward!
    Thanks
    Robin