Thread: Webley Alecto

Webley Alecto

Hi all, I have recently got a webley Alecto, I can't get on with a red dot sight, has anyone got any advice for a telescopic sight that I could get for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Balloo27

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Any low magnification pistol sight should give you the required eye relief and a nice bright image,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

I would be interested how you get on with a scope as Ive also recently bought an Alecto but relying on the open sights at the moment.

Its strange that the alecto has only 1 weaver slot just behind the fore sight so how a pistol scope can be mounted I do not know?

The weaver rail on the underside I dare say would be usefull for a laser sight of some sort.

Just another point with a pistol scope fitted it wont fit into its's case unless of course you bought new foam and repositioned the pistol in the box.

Martin

You can put a red dot or traditional scope one the dove rail on top.

Regards
    Balloo27

Thanks Nick I'll give that a go.

Rgards

Balloo27

The September 2011 edition of Airgun World had a full page add on the Alecto.
    One of the pistures showed and AGS scope mounted on the pistol.
    The ad was run by Highland Outdoors so if you contact them they are bound to be able to help
    Regards
    Nige
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

Cheers Nige that's a great help

You need a very steady hand for a scope on a pistol.Even with 2x mag the cross hairs can seem to be moving alarmingly.I've tried them but gone back to open sights or a red dot as at pistol shooting distances magnification is hardly needed.The holograph sights are nice on a pistol I find.

Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    You need a very steady hand for a scope on a pistol.Even with 2x mag the cross hairs can seem to be moving alarmingly.I've tried them but gone back to open sights or a red dot as at pistol shooting distances magnification is hardly needed.The holograph sights are nice on a pistol I find.
    Just ordered a Guntuff red dot holographic sight from our host, worth a try.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...red-dot-sight-[weaver-rail].html

Martin

Talking webley alecto ultra

Quote Originally Posted by Martin(rockape) View Post
    I would be interested how you get on with a scope as Ive also recently bought an Alecto but relying on the open sights at the moment.

Its strange that the alecto has only 1 weaver slot just behind the fore sight so how a pistol scope can be mounted I do not know?

The weaver rail on the underside I dare say would be usefull for a laser sight of some sort.

Just another point with a pistol scope fitted it wont fit into its's case unless of course you bought new foam and repositioned the pistol in the box.

Martin
    I have had a Webley alecto ultra for a month now. I put a BSA 30MM Red dot on it. The BSA came with the proper mount, so I just bolted it on. Works quite well. The gun is very accurate. I live on a canal. I shoot a lot of leaves that are floating by. I don't have to worry about skipping pellets off the water because the other side of the canal is florida jungle.

You are very lucky as I would much prefere shooting on the canals of Florida than on the banks of the river Ouse in york (the old one).

Balloo27