Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tau 7 co2 match pistol

Tau 7 co2 match pistol

Hi anyone know where I could get my Tau7 seviced , it holds gas fine but the power has dropped to approx 0.7ft/lds!!

thanks for any help Malc

Google TAU 7 Pistol and you'll find various sites that may assist.
    or call Edgar Brothers on 01625 613177.

Ajay

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Talk to Robert Cleverly at Checkmate Guns 1257 260132, if he does'nt he'll know who will.

Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Hi Malc,

Do you still have the original supplied handbook?

I think it shows you how to adjust the power - if you have no other problems then you do not need to take the pistol to a dealer.

If you are stuck, let me know and I will dig a TAU 7 handbook out and let you know how to adjust it yourself.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi Malc,

I have checked the Tau 7 handbook and the muzzle velocity can be adjusted by turning screw 20.

If you loosen and then slide the front wooden cover forwards, it exposes a large screw that faces towards the muzzle. This screw is usually held by two small grub screws, so these may need to be loosened before adjusting it and tightened again afterwards.

This should only take a few minutes to do and test to see if it fixes the problem for you.

Hope this helps - Bob.

tau7

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Malc,

I have checked the Tau 7 handbook and the muzzle velocity can be adjusted by turning screw 20.

If you loosen and then slide the front wooden cover forwards, it exposes a large screw that faces towards the muzzle. This screw is usually held by two small grub screws, so these may need to be loosened before adjusting it and tightened again afterwards.

This should only take a few minutes to do and test to see if it fixes the problem for you.

Hope this helps - Bob.
    Thanks Bob I`ll give it a try , the handbook calls it screw 20 , clockwise to inscrease the power

I believe May of London service Czech air guns

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmbevan View Post
    Thanks Bob I`ll give it a try , the handbook calls it screw 20 , clockwise to inscrease the power
    Hi Malc,

Did this fix it for you?

Bob.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
    I believe May of London service Czech air guns
    They do, I bought two from them, a Tau-7 and a Brno B96.

http://www.mayoflondon.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    They do, I bought two from them, a Tau-7 and a Brno B96.

http://www.mayoflondon.co.uk/
    I was just checking to see if Malc had fixed it himself without having to take his Tau to a dealer to repair it for him.

I was hoping a simple adjustment (as we mentioned) would solve his problems at no expense.

There are many dealers that can service this simple air pistol if a home fix does not work.
    Last edited by zooma; 30-10-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Tau 7

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Malc,

Did this fix it for you?

Bob.
    Yep Iam sure it would , however I have since discovered that one of the O rings at the breach had fallen out! and I somehow feel that this may, just possibly , how somthing to do with the problem Doh!

Yeah, this usually happens when the loading tray isnt shut properly and flies open with the shot..
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmbevan View Post
    Yep Iam sure it would , however I have since discovered that one of the O rings at the breach had fallen out! and I somehow feel that this may, just possibly , how somthing to do with the problem Doh!
    Ha Ha - nice one Malc!

Ha Ha Malc

I should not have laughed.

My son was shooting a TAU 7 last night ( and getting good scores too) - but the pistol was hissing from the breech all night and using plenty of gas, so it looks like we have to take a look inside and inspect the suspect valve!

The previous owner never used the gold coloured CO2 containers - only the cheapest possible types - and I am guesing the lack of any suitable lubricant has accelerated the valve seal wear?

Others TAU 7 owners that use the gold coloured cylinders from Walther/RWS etc or add a small blob of Pelgun oil to the tip of the cylinder before piercing seem to have less seal problems, so when we repair the leak/seal/valve I think we will use the gold cylinders from now onwards, or a spot of the new type of red Pelgun oil on the neck of the cheaper silver types.

I always used Crosman bulbs. Nowadays I'm using Umarex (cant find anymore crosman's). Never lubed any bulbs in the Tau's life. Never had a problem.
    Tau 7's have been made from the 80's. Dunno how old yrs is, but they ALL start leaking 1 day. Seals arent made to last forever.
    Tau used quite hard seals ex factory on their newest models(iirc, white one's). Together with the softish hammer spring, this makes for suburb co2 adjustability (for varying temperature etc) but it also enlarges the chance of a leakage. Lateron, they got softer blue one's. Also, its quite often caused (leakages) by dirt/oil between the valveseal. Too much oil or the wrong one can cáuse leakages.
    In yr case, change the valveseal (screw in a bolt or anything into it to pull it out). Or you could try to tap it(valve), to reseal/reseat it.(often helps with the many leaky NEW Tau's )
    ATB,
    yana