Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tau 7 co2 match pistol

Thanks for the tips Yana - I know you like the TAU 7 and have some good experience to share.

I am told the Crossman capsules also have some lube atomised in them like the RWS and Walther types etc, but the very cheap (usually silver coloured) ones have no "addatives" in them, and so a spot of the new red Crossman Pellube does the job and comes highly recommended by our local gunsmith for extending seal life.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Today the TAU 7 has decided not to leak !....don't know whether to strip the valve or or see how it goes!

Hi Yana - Although I have been told the Crossman bulbs are lubricated - but I am not sure about the Umerex ones, as I have never seen them - I will try to find out.

As a guide I was told if the bulb is gold coloured - this denotes it includes lube -and usually costs a bit more. It it is silver then it has no lube and should cost less.

This may or may not be true, but the description fits the types I have seen and used so far.

Than the leakage could've been caused by contaminated.
    I'd just wait and see how it goes. Or open and only clean it.
    I thínk it dóesnt have oil in it(bulbs) when it says its suitable for human consumption as well.
    Not sure though.
    Its sáid that crosmans have lube in them as well.
    ATB,
    yana

You could be right about the contamination as the previous owner never used a dedicated lube oil, he just added some silicone shock fluid as used in r/c model cars shock absorbers, and I think it was a bit too thick a grade and may have "gummed-up" the valve.

Maybe the thinner grades of model car shock absorber silicone shock fluids would work OK, but I don't see the point when there are products about that are known to work and don't cost much different to the model car shock fluids to buy.

We will put a spot ofthe new type red Pellgun oil on the neck of every new capsule when we use the non-lubricated cheaper types of CO2 cylinders to keep it clean and working well.

When we use the gold coloured CO2 "gun" capsules we will not use any extra lube as they don't need it.
    Last edited by zooma; 13-11-2011 at 11:23 AM.