Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting new pcp bullpup ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Interesting new pcp bullpup ?

Seen this on Gunstar today .

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Rifles/...e-gs40578.aspx

A bit pricey and not ideally located but nice looking thing imo esp the little compact model .

After the apparant demise of the Skan rifle we have a serious lack of bullpup air rifles available and I for one would love an ultra compact full power model with the usual benefits from a bullpup of a full length barrel in a compact package .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

have a look at the edgun matador i think its a copy

I know a bloke that has had one on order for over 12 months. Paid in advance aswell
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Its the newest version of the Edgun...Italian made stock, revised action etc.

Looks like it could do with a bit of whittling

Quote Originally Posted by leegreen007 View Post
    Looks like it could do with a bit of whittling
    The stock looks a bit crude and unfinished .

Not good for £1400

I think I would prefer composite furniture on the likes of this anyway , personally .

Carl .
    " This , is MY safety "

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The Bullpup design was for multi-shot semi-auto guns.
    I suppose if you had an arm moved to the position your ear would normally occupy and vice-versa they'd make more sense in an air rifle, provided you moved an eye to where it could check pellet seating

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

a different sort of bullpup made by demyan who have now been taken over by a much larger company...

http://www.demyan.info/img/cm2bp.jpg
    assistant sec, bolton airguns society.

Nowt wrong with the Bullpup principle but a bit crap in air guns that are not semi auto due to the need to break position to reload.

However as a vehicle gun, they are excellent unless you get too animated and start swinging it around in the inside and muzzle sweep.

The basic principle allows for a longer or std barrel to be used in what would ordinarily be a carbine plus better ergonomics etc.

It is not without its difficulties though - particularly iro the trigger dept. and loading on a non mag variant air version.

Love them or loathe them, I would look at a bullpup for hft where single shot and positional shift after one shot would be ok so long as it had big enough lungs.

Hunting in single shot or with the cocking lever so close to your earole.....not worth it
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Nowt wrong with the Bullpup principle but a bit crap in air guns that are not semi auto due to the need to break position to reload.

However as a vehicle gun, they are excellent unless you get too animated and start swinging it around in the inside and muzzle sweep.

The basic principle allows for a longer or std barrel to be used in what would ordinarily be a carbine plus better ergonomics etc.

It is not without its difficulties though - particularly iro the trigger dept. and loading on a non mag variant air version.

Love them or loathe them, I would look at a bullpup for hft where single shot and positional shift after one shot would be ok so long as it had big enough lungs.

Hunting in single shot or with the cocking lever so close to your earole.....not worth it

there is no more need to break position with the matador than there is any other single shot airgun, and the trigger is as good as any i have fired and i owned a dozen till i reduced my collection recently. the gun shoots a minimum of 120 shots so more than enough for hunting or hft.. i have a custom 6 shot mag that attaches to mine but ed as made some prototype multishot versions although i prefer my custonm as it still gives me a single shot option. putting your ear near the cocking lever is what puts a lot of folk off i admit but this is were you either like them or loathe them comes into play, i prefer my matador to all my other airguns, and from all the enquiries i get i think it would sell well here, unfortunatly ed as a small scale operation and isnt really equiped to to import as many as seem to be requested...

Quote Originally Posted by moonbear View Post
    a different sort of bullpup made by demyan who have now been taken over by a much larger company...

http://www.demyan.info/img/cm2bp.jpg
    Now this I really like .

UK ? Does anyone know ?

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

http://www.demyan.info/

Nice Gif but not too informative ....

Not UK from the looks tho ....

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post
    Now this I really like .

UK ? Does anyone know ?

Carl.
    no its russian and originally was a copy of the edgun and was until recently a small scale operation. they have been taken over by a much larger company that is the newer bullpup design they still sell the original and if you look on the site they now do target rifles.. i read at the time the company was taken over that they intended to do imports i on a larger scale in the near future....

i have the edgun matador, the version before the r3, and a guy called rudan who comes on here and as bought the r3 recently from ed, and it took about 3 weeks same as mine to get here, dealing with ed direct is considerably cheaper. there is also a company called pekator works from the netherlands they make a bullpup kit for various rifles. they make you the stock and the gearing to set up easily yourself which ever gun you choose, i am having a kit made for my hw100. along with my daystate harrier bullpup i will have 3 then. not everyones cup o tea i know you either love them or hate them...

I could see the point of a bullpup air gun if it was breakbarrel with the cyl in the stock, after all workings in the stock was the sole purpose of the design in a cartrige gun.

If you want a compact pcp FX Verminator has it all.