Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting new pcp bullpup ?

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I could see the point of a bullpup air gun if it was breakbarrel with the cyl in the stock, after all workings in the stock was the sole purpose of the design in a cartrige gun.

If you want a compact pcp FX Verminator has it all.
    i have the fx verminator also , its not as well balanced as the matador and i had to add raisers to the scope rail to be able to get a decent eye position, its also heavier although i think that may be the bottle, its still a good short gun if thats what you want...
    assistant sec, bolton airguns society.

you know guys demand for the edgun is out striping supply, thats why the prices are so high...its also wonderfully engineered and very accurate.
    Its not an ugly gun, its just different, it was originally designed for shooting crows from inside of cars and has now developed into one of the most sought after guns in Russia and the USA.

I would have one...i like the design and the engineering, i know others that would also, to say its ugly though is not right...its just different.

each to their own as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper22 View Post
    i made enquiries and shat myself when i was infomed that the gun was £1200, up front and supplied as soon as a method of getting the gun to the uk was found. needless to say, buying a white elephant with zero dealers and zero backup put me off.
    Ditto

a different sort of bullpup made by demyan who have now been taken over by a much larger company...

http://www.demyan.info/img/cm2bp.jpg

Nowt wrong with the Bullpup principle but a bit crap in air guns that are not semi auto due to the need to break position to reload.

However as a vehicle gun, they are excellent unless you get too animated and start swinging it around in the inside and muzzle sweep.

The basic principle allows for a longer or std barrel to be used in what would ordinarily be a carbine plus better ergonomics etc.

It is not without its difficulties though - particularly iro the trigger dept. and loading on a non mag variant air version.

Love them or loathe them, I would look at a bullpup for hft where single shot and positional shift after one shot would be ok so long as it had big enough lungs.

Hunting in single shot or with the cocking lever so close to your earole.....not worth it
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by moonbear View Post
    a different sort of bullpup made by demyan who have now been taken over by a much larger company...

http://www.demyan.info/img/cm2bp.jpg
    Now this I really like .

UK ? Does anyone know ?

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

http://www.demyan.info/

Nice Gif but not too informative ....

Not UK from the looks tho ....

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Nowt wrong with the Bullpup principle but a bit crap in air guns that are not semi auto due to the need to break position to reload.

However as a vehicle gun, they are excellent unless you get too animated and start swinging it around in the inside and muzzle sweep.

The basic principle allows for a longer or std barrel to be used in what would ordinarily be a carbine plus better ergonomics etc.

It is not without its difficulties though - particularly iro the trigger dept. and loading on a non mag variant air version.

Love them or loathe them, I would look at a bullpup for hft where single shot and positional shift after one shot would be ok so long as it had big enough lungs.

Hunting in single shot or with the cocking lever so close to your earole.....not worth it

there is no more need to break position with the matador than there is any other single shot airgun, and the trigger is as good as any i have fired and i owned a dozen till i reduced my collection recently. the gun shoots a minimum of 120 shots so more than enough for hunting or hft.. i have a custom 6 shot mag that attaches to mine but ed as made some prototype multishot versions although i prefer my custonm as it still gives me a single shot option. putting your ear near the cocking lever is what puts a lot of folk off i admit but this is were you either like them or loathe them comes into play, i prefer my matador to all my other airguns, and from all the enquiries i get i think it would sell well here, unfortunatly ed as a small scale operation and isnt really equiped to to import as many as seem to be requested...

Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post
    Now this I really like .

UK ? Does anyone know ?

Carl.
    no its russian and originally was a copy of the edgun and was until recently a small scale operation. they have been taken over by a much larger company that is the newer bullpup design they still sell the original and if you look on the site they now do target rifles.. i read at the time the company was taken over that they intended to do imports i on a larger scale in the near future....

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Ditto
    not everyone has the same customer service or backup as mtc gary

Warning

Hi guys joined this forum after seeing this post from searching Edguns on the net.
    I am the sole UK importer of Edguns IN THE UK please be very wary of any post containing Edguns for sale that is not stated by me or my employer Alex Austin.
    Also there are 3 .177 edguns on the planet to my knowledge since it was us that asked Ed to make them in russia and send them over to us ANY .177 air rifle for sale is a fake 2 were sold in the last week one to Doncaster and one to The Wirral, one will shortly be going to hampshire, ant rifle not sold from these locations is a fake.
    There are people openly boasting about making copyies of Ed's work on several forumsand several posts of people just trying scams example
    http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums...ling-edgun-r3/ disregard any such posts

lyndon@edgun.co.ok
    Gunsmith.

Quote Originally Posted by lyndon2472 View Post
    Hi guys joined this forum after seeing this post from searching Edguns on the net.
    I am the sole UK importer of Edguns IN THE UK please be very wary of any post containing Edguns for sale that is not stated by me or my employer Alex Austin.
    Also there are 3 .177 edguns on the planet to my knowledge since it was us that asked Ed to make them in russia and send them over to us ANY .177 air rifle for sale is a fake 2 were sold in the last week one to Doncaster and one to The Wirral, one will shortly be going to hampshire, ant rifle not sold from these locations is a fake.
    There are people openly boasting about making copyies of Ed's work on several forumsand several posts of people just trying scams example

lyndon@edgun.co.ok
    Gunsmith.
    i presume you mean any .177s are a fake. i and quite a few others bought our .22 guns direct from ed himself, cheshire gun room helped me with the importing, i happen to know a couple of those bought from ed have been for sale so they wouldnt be fake nor would mine if i was silly enough to sell it. so to claim all other edguns would be fake is to big a claim unless of course as said you are refering to .177..del

lyndon@edgun.co.ok
    Gunsmith.
    Absolute , I ordered a .177 R3 last winter but cancelled it due to long delivery time, Ed will make .177's if you ask for them, I have also seen owners converting .22's to .177 as any reasonable machinist can do it in a few hrs. Regards these fakes, all i see is a new start up trying to force everyone to buy off that said start up, Edguns have been coming into the UK direct from Ed via Estonia, also from Spain and from the Netherlands, all were set to UK spec etc.

If you have signed a distribution deal then show us something solid with Ed's blessing, but don't come on saying there are fakes etc as I have not seen 1 fake posted on any forums, just legit Edgun R3's bought thru various sources.

The video on the other forum is of a guy who made his own version from what I see, it looks to be a side cocker version of he bsa ultra made into a bullpup and I probably know who built the gun, many make there own versions now, I have one on the go based on a regged scorpion action and it will look very very similar to the Edgun but be a 10 shot.

.177 Edgun

I agree with Bigtoe, a number of months ago I approached an vendor of good standing as far as I can tell.

The vendor had the Edgun I wanted (in .177) and could ship it to the UK.

The only reason the sale failed to complete was that they could not take a UK switch card, I was not prepared to offer a direct bank transfer or pay pal on a £1,400 rifle.

Nothing against the dealer – I would not do this for any company (like writing an open cheque in my book)

Again the vendor is a main dealer not based in the UK but can be found redily on the internet both on U Tube and main search engines.

The rifle was .177 and was an Edgun as far as I was concerned.

Cheers Nige.

lyndon@edgun.co.ok
    Gunsmith.
    "copies of Ed's work" what's unique?