Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting new pcp bullpup ?

Did some research, the "Edgun copy" was built by a guy named Huub a few years ago now, it was sold to a guy in Belgium and has now ended up in the UK. Knowing Huub it was based off a BSA Ultra.

Hubb indeed made a copy of the Edgun called the Edsan as it was built from a Hatsan , i know cos i bought it off him.
    Allow me then to restate my position. we imported 3 .177 Edguns a few weeks ago we were charged more for them because we were told they were one offs he had never done before i dont know what i dont know.We have also recieved a complaint from the EU distributor to ED as we sold some Edguns to HUUB and his friends, before we realised this was stepping on some one elses toe,s we were asked not to do this again and assured it would not be done to us, if some one else is importing Edguns in to the uk we have not been informed of it i dont know what i dont know.
    and finally i am aware of at least three makers of copy,s of Edguns not all of these rifles i have seen for sale state they are copy,s.
    I had no idea the people on this forum were so well informed on Edguns and my appologies but the warning still stands you dont sell new Edguns for £1400 when ed sells them direct for 1600 euro,s.

Quote Originally Posted by moonbear View Post
    i presume you mean any .177s are a fake. i and quite a few others bought our .22 guns direct from ed himself, cheshire gun room helped me with the importing, i happen to know a couple of those bought from ed have been for sale so they wouldnt be fake nor would mine if i was silly enough to sell it. so to claim all other edguns would be fake is to big a claim unless of course as said you are refering to .177..del
    Moonbear i am well aware of your gun i have been on the same forum as you for over a year. yours was the first and after seeing it we decided to import them your rifle was the reason we bought the copy from HUUB and later from Ed direct.I am in contact with Huub he is a great guy and a Genius with PCP,s

Hi All
    Just seen this thread, unsure about any copies of the Edgun Matador also a bit taken aback to hear that Ed as a dealer in the UK. I keep intouch with Ed after I bought a R3 and he as never mentioned that he as set up anybody in the UK to sell is guns, so I have sent him a E-Mail asking as I was thinking of ordering a .25. As for getting a .177 Ed will make if you order one, He sell all R3 for 1600 euros delivered and asks for a 300 euro deposit and full payment when gun ready for delivery. I have done this and so have others with no trouble. You may have to wait 6 months due to demand but to me it is well worth the wait.

i have just received a msg back from ed and he said..... Yes, Alex, buys guns from me, much more then anybody from England but I didn't give him an exclusive right of dealing for EDgun, anyhow he will have all my support regarding spare parts. But he writes me from this address: info@torques.co.uk

so there you have it any one else selling also as the right and is not fake...
    assistant sec, bolton airguns society.

Quote Originally Posted by moonbear View Post
    i have just received a msg back from ed and he said..... Yes, Alex, buys guns from me, much more then anybody from England but I didn't give him an exclusive right of dealing for EDgun, anyhow he will have all my support regarding spare parts. But he writes me from this address: info@torques.co.uk

so there you have it any one else selling also as the right and is not fake...
    performance car parts ebay shop...so its not a dealer with exclusive rights..thought as much

Refer back to my first thread i never said exclusive, jees you guys are agressive, i said sole importer,(we import regularly no one else does i think that is fair to say?)
    and i have written to Ed myself yesterday on the subject and low and behold got a reply, personaly even though i have sold three edguns in the last 2 weeks i think he is waiting for a better offer. let me restate my first post for the third time then.
    There are people selling Edguns online they do not own
    There are people selling copy,s of Edguns online without mentioning they are copy,s
    Yes you can try and get an edgun yourself directly from Ed i have never said different
    And apparently you can order .177,s from ed even though we had to pay extra for "retooling" for what we were led to beleive were the first.
    And once again the warning still stands be carefull what you buy, at best it will have no back up for service or parts, at worse the stock is mdf and the action is a hatsan. Not that thats a bad thing HUUB,s gun was like that but he wasnt selling at Edgun prices, and made us aware it was a copy.
    regards lyn.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
    Hi All
    Just seen this thread, unsure about any copies of the Edgun Matador also a bit taken aback to hear that Ed as a dealer in the UK. I keep intouch with Ed after I bought a R3 and he as never mentioned that he as set up anybody in the UK to sell is guns, so I have sent him a E-Mail asking as I was thinking of ordering a .25. As for getting a .177 Ed will make if you order one, He sell all R3 for 1600 euros delivered and asks for a 300 euro deposit and full payment when gun ready for delivery. I have done this and so have others with no trouble. You may have to wait 6 months due to demand but to me it is well worth the wait.

The Yellow Forum

Search
    Memberlist
    You have no new messages
    Log out [ lyndon2472 ]

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

TalonAirgun.com Forum Index
    Inbox :: Message
    To: lyndon2472
    Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:24 pm
    Subject: matador
    whats the price for each.

23 days ago.....and still "taken aback" ?

Quote Originally Posted by lyndon2472 View Post
    The Yellow Forum

Search
    Memberlist
    You have no new messages
    Log out [ lyndon2472 ]

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

TalonAirgun.com Forum Index
    Inbox :: Message
    To: lyndon2472
    Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:24 pm
    Subject: matador
    whats the price for each.

23 days ago.....and still "taken aback" ?
    Unsure what you are getting at but the only reason I ask was to see how much more you wanted then direct from Ed, I did not think you were a sole dealer for Ed. when I got your price back nearly fell of my seat. I will say that Ed as said that you buy a number of Rifles and get a better deal and that he will support you, but that any body can still deal direct with him.

At the time we only had a .177 left and as i have said he chaged us more we passed it on the .22 if we had them were £1600 not a lot of difference from 1600 euros direct with a 6 month w8ing list
    as for the post i am wondering why your pretending you didnt know i was selling the rifles in the uk now when you tried to get one off me 3 weeks ago? forgive me if i am a little confused.

It seems that putting a rifle on a web site mean know that you are a dealer. When reading the tread I thought you had ordered the guns just to sell not as an approved dealer, and forgive me for repeating myself but Ed said that he only give you a discount due to the number of guns you buy. He has no agreement with you to be the sole supplier in the UK.

So let get back to your first entry. You say that you are the sole importer for the Edgun which is no true others and myself have and can import Edguns.
    As for the ..177 I was going to order one around December 2011 but change my mind to .22 and Ed will make a .177 if anybody orders it, he will also do a .25.

If you are going to make yourself a trusted supplier I would suggest you start by not putting up dubious statements.

I have no issue with anybody promoting the Matador R3 and have no problems high lighting anybody tying to sell copies.

Sorry if you found my original post misleading in any way i simply ment, to my knowledge, no one else as a company is importing Edguns in quantity.
    i have never eluded to any sort of exclusive or formal agreement.
    On price alone i do not think anyone in the uk will ever be an offical dealer for ED the guns simply cost to much to sell in quantity, as has been pointed out to me several times (usually after i have told some one the price ) for this sort of money you can get a custom Daystate, if your prepared to deal with the apparently lousy service you get from them, but of course not everyone wants a rifle 30 people at any feild target club also have.

Here you go again, Daystate as a good warranty and service department. You are starting to sound like a politician alway slagging someone off.

woah chill people

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    woah chill people
    This Ed fella seems to have the boys fighting over him! Must be a special sort of chap