Thread: Baikal Makarov CO2 Mags

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick

Baikal Makarov CO2 Mags

Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Amazing, how do they do it and make a profit?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Amazing, how do they do it and make a profit?
    And apparently they're worth £70 second hand

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    And apparently they're worth £70 second hand
    Wished I'd have known I sold a couple for half that a few months back

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    Wished I'd have known I sold a couple for half that a few months back
    The price must be index linked to the Parker-Hale Dragon

- Nick

The price must be index linked to the Parker-Hale Dragon

- Nick
    I'm watching that index very closely as I have a PH Dragon in the portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    I'm watching that index very closely as I have a PH Dragon in the portfolio
    Me too, I think his price might be about right provided someone actually wants the extras.
    I'd like a Mohawk and an Air Logic Genesis but they don't turn up often, ideally I could do with swapping a good JB1 for a Mohawk but what's the chances of that?
    ATB,
    Nick

Me too, I think his price might be about right provided someone actually wants the extras.
    I'd like a Mohawk and an Air Logic Genesis but they don't turn up often, ideally I could do with swapping a good JB1 for a Mohawk but what's the chances of that?
    ATB,
    Nick
    Soooo nearly bought a Mohawk a couple of years back myself - that said, if you could find one, I reckon keeping hold of a good JB1 is more sensible than a swap for an unknown Mohawk

An Air Logic Genesis would be very nice - but as you say, few and far between (there is actually a buyers guide for these posted in the collectables section - I just had a read!)

All of the ssp rifles are not common and I think very definitely only appreciating in vale.

I'd love a .177 Dragon with Mr Wilkes mk2 special adjustments in the ft stock (probably a bit less common than a genesis!)

My Dragon needs a strip as it is valve locked again after I put it away right way up (or in the case of a dragon definitely the wrong way up!) in the rack over night and not horizontal on the top shelf in the cabinet.
    I would love to know what fettling was done by the Parker Hale wizard to resolve the hydraulic lock issue - I've looked but decided never to touch and just store correctly (usually!)

I've got a mint JB-1, a very good JB-1 and a restoration project - complete & working but in need of a reblue so swapping the good one for a Mohawk in the right condition would make sense
    My Dragon lives in the gun rack with all my other rifles, it's not had any problems so far.
    I suspect initial -lubing might be the root of the problem, there shouldn't be enough oil in an SSP to collect anywhere!
    ATB,
    Nick

I suspect initial -lubing might be the root of the problem, there shouldn't be enough oil in an SSP to collect anywhere!
    That is interesting - I shall be a lot more sparing in the rebuild thanks for the heads up

That could be an interesting thread starter - one of anything is plenty, two might be considered decadent but three is definitely cause for concern

I wonder what else people will have 3 of?

I have the makarov magazine for sale in the sale section @ £70 including recorded delivery. delivery will cost me ~£6 and it has the optional flush fit locking screw which cost £4.95 plus post of £2 and the mag on rusmilitary is £78 plus post so new this would cost you around £90 posted

Hi Nick ( Only £78 ? ) must be me ha ha,
    Whats the difference between the Makarov mag & The (kalashnikov)Yunkers 3 mag ?

The Yunkers 3 makes around 250 Fps & I read higher numbers for the short barreled pistol ,
    There does seem a lot of space around the BB into the barrel though !
    Anyone got a spare Yunkers 3 magazine ! For an upgrade, ( Yes , I know & pigs may fly ) Cheers Ged.