Thread: BSA Spitfire pistol

BSA Spitfire pistol

Anyone know of any guides on these? specifically the Mk 2.
    A neighbour brought his to me asking me to look at it, had not been fired for years and would not even break, never mind cock. Took the action out and took the trigger block out, penetrating oil and non too gentle persuasion with a soft drift to get the piston and spring guide out, The buffer washer had set like hard glue.Someone had been pouring oil in the spring thinking they were doing it a favour....Oh dear.
    Anyway, new piston seal buffer and circlip from chambers, a good clean up and started putting it back together.Fine up until the trigger assy. It looked wrong. Long sear just flopping about even though there is a captive spring that looks like it should tension it. Anyway put it back as i took it off and.... It wouldnt break. So back to square one.Any ideas anyone?
    Oh and neighbour said someone else had had it apart years ago and gave up, so I doubt the parts are assembled correctly, hence the need for a guide.

Do you mean the BSA Scorpion, if so, this might help.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....orpion%20strip

Vic T

Quote Originally Posted by Stree View Post
    Anyone know of any guides on these? specifically the Mk 2.
    A neighbour brought his to me asking me to look at it, had not been fired for years and would not even break, never mind cock. Took the action out and took the trigger block out, penetrating oil and non too gentle persuasion with a soft drift to get the piston and spring guide out, The buffer washer had set like hard glue.Someone had been pouring oil in the spring thinking they were doing it a favour....Oh dear.
    Anyway, new piston seal buffer and circlip from chambers, a good clean up and started putting it back together.Fine up until the trigger assy. It looked wrong. Long sear just flopping about even though there is a captive spring that looks like it should tension it. Anyway put it back as i took it off and.... It wouldnt break. So back to square one.Any ideas anyone?
    Oh and neighbour said someone else had had it apart years ago and gave up, so I doubt the parts are assembled correctly, hence the need for a guide.
    Hiya mate, you can look at as many drawings, or read as many threads as you want but !
    These triggers are a pain, !!!!!!!!!
    I would rather do 100 Originals ( With the ball bearing triggers ) than this,

Having said all of that, first off the " Hammer " breaks, Its not really a hammer, But when put together " Wrongly " It breaks,
    They are well " Do Able " but you need to have done a few , Even then, Not an easy task,
    From stripped to finished a daunting task , I have some spares & will have a look for you, Thats if nothing is missing/broken, Ged.

First of all yes, its a Scorpion, just got Spitfire on the brain because I just got a Spitfire barrel for another job.......
    Hi Ged! I seem to remember you saying somewhere before what a pain this trigger setup is, but so far its not been taken to pieces, just taken from the action. It seems to be all there, nothing broken or missing as far as I know,, just a mystery how it should all fit together.
    Last edited by Stree; 17-10-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Update:

Sorted.

I pulled the trigger, one click then it broke and latched OK. Safety taken "off" and pulled trigger and it fired.

The trigger needed to be pulled because the trigger was cocked to fit. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the replies Gents.