Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First timer wanting gun advice

Quote Originally Posted by Vagante View Post
    Nobody helping the newbie?

Even if it's old ground, new messages keep a message board alive.

I think there might of been more replies if it was in the main airgun section.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen howard View Post
    You can always see a crap rifle look on a used forum and just see how many rifles there are of the same up for sale lol eg smk gamo lmfao stay clear of these
    smk fair enuff but dont be so quick to put down the gammo i have a gammo whisper x and it has put a lot of my friends more expensive rifles to shame.

Rapid

Having fun with a .177 Rapid for Rabbits myself...very effective...virtually silent.
    Even shoots Polymags accurately out of the Rapid mag....which i like..a lot.
    Doesn't scare the other rabbits when i hit...or miss...must be quieter than the .22 at that end.
    Recent reconversion back to .177...still have the .22's ...one other Rapid is to also be converted to .177 too..soon.
    Mk2 or Mfr both nice....can't remember when i filled that one last...lots of shots.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Some good advice here :-) im about to purchase my first Rifle this week, i have read many reviews and been and "tried some on" there are many amazing looking rifles out there but within my budget, and as soon as i put it to my shoulder it fitted like a glove and felt so natural, is the S200, I will be ordering her in .177 Monday morning and cannot wait!

What did you decide on in the end mate?

I've just started shooting at Nelson FTC.

Guys there are great and really helpfull.

Sorted me out with an Air Arms Pro-Target and a Falcon Scope for a really good price. Advice from guys at the club is a priceless resource.

I absolutely love my Pro-Target, awesome air rifle .

rapid mk 11

hiya mate one of the finest choices out there rapid mk 11 in any cal