Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rossendale Air Pistol Club

New Rossendale Air Pistol Club

I am helping to get a new target air pistol club started here in Rawtenstall, Lancashire.

We have the use of a conveniently shaped cellar under the church hall that we already use to fly indoor r/c helicopters on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

It's early days yet, but we have four 10 meter shooting positions and could possibly make it five if we needed to at a later date, so in the current premesis it will never be a big club, but it has a nice atmosphere and we would like a few more members to come and join us.

We have the use of a really well equipted kitchen and include free tea or coffee in the £4 range fee per night ( to pay for the premesis). There is no membership fee until January 2012 as we are not the "finished article" yet but still offer good shooting from 7.00pm - 10 pm every week.

Anyone interested - please PM me for more details.
    Last edited by zooma; 19-10-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Beginners welcomed - club pistol and basic tuition provided.

Top shots also welcome - we can learn from you!

Basically everyone who is interested in shooting target air pistols is welcome to come and join us.

Standard .177 only ( no .22 or BB).

do you

do you do pistol only or 10mtr rifle i wonder cheers bernard ....

Quote Originally Posted by BERNARD View Post
    do you do pistol only or 10mtr rifle i wonder cheers bernard ....
    At this moment Bernard it is pistol only.

Come along on Tuesday at 7pm and have a go - it will make a change from your rifle!

would do

im useless with pistols i have had the worst and the best pistols on the market but if the person stood at the back of it is useless its a waist of time i cant get into them so i would be like a duck out of water mate but thanks for that im on duty tonight range warden dont get any shooting in tonight while im on do you have any surpluss diopters abt you at all forsale cheers bernard ...

I do have one with an adjustable iris - looks a bit like a flower petal when it opens - more like a camera shutter I suppose.

The best way to see if it fits is to pop over with your diopter sight and we can see if it screws in OK.

thanks

thanks for that decided to get a new one but looking out for a rear diopter the one on the mpr are not the the best so after another all the best with the new club and hope you get some support i know we have 10 reifle 50yds and 2 pistol 10mtr and they have now done 5 lanes with 10mtrs but might as well not bothered as the two pistol lanes very rare get used we had the big lancashire shoot at our place two weeks ago on sunday morning bring good money in for the club....cheers for now ....

Congratulations on your new club - its always good to see new startups. I hope it all goes well for you!

Good news. Best of luck with the new club.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 23-10-2011 at 03:48 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Beginners welcomed - club pistol and basic tuition provided.

Top shots also welcome - we can learn from you!

Basically everyone who is interested in shooting target air pistols is welcome to come and join us.

Standard .177 only ( no .22 or BB).
    What's up with .22???

BB.....yep, ban it!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Nothing "wrong" with .22 air weapons Roy, but we are a 10 meter target club and only shoot .177 calibre air pistols on our range.

As far as I know, the agreed international calibre for competition with air pistols ( and air rifles) is .177 (4.5mm) and so that is the only calibre we will shoot on our small 10 meter indoor range.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil-Carter View Post
    Congratulations on your new club - its always good to see new startups. I hope it all goes well for you!
    Thanks Neil,

If you ever want to get back to basics ( and I do mean basic) - please drop in to see us one night.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Good news. Best of luck with the new club.

ATB
    Ian
    Thanks Ian,

Please feel free to drop by one Tuesday and have a shoot with us.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Nothing "wrong" with .22 air weapons Roy, but we are a 10 meter target club and only shoot .177 calibre air pistols on our range.

As far as I know, the agreed international calibre for competition with air pistols ( and air rifles) is .177 (4.5mm) and so that is the only calibre we will shoot on our small 10 meter indoor range.
    Most of my pistols are .22... i.e.Tempest, Hurricane, Crosman 600 ...so that's me out!

Never mind eh?

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havelock Vetinari View Post
    Most of my pistols are .22... i.e.Tempest, Hurricane, Crosman 600 ...so that's me out!

Never mind eh?

Roy.
    Hi Roy,

We have a choice of .177 club pistols for you to use, so if you would like to come along one Tuesday night you would be very welcome to come and have a shoot with one of ours.