Thread: Best CO2 pistol for under £150

Best CO2 pistol for under £150

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone had any recomendation for a sub £150 semi co2 pistol for target practice with decent power (near legal limit?).

thanks!
    Dave

I don't think there are any CO2 pistols near the legal limit. After that, choice depends on what you call target practice; plinking or fairly serious target shooting.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

I don't think such a pistol exists. If you want full power go for a PCP\Springer, if you want multishot go for a CO2, if you want true semi auto your looking at BB guns.

I personally would not worry about full power in an air pistol, your limited to 6 FPE at full power and 2-3 FPE is just as useful.

Cheers guys. Think ill def go co2 semi auto. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    only the sheridan co2 pistol comes close to high power for a pistol
    i think its about 5ftlb in .22
    loud as a canon though
    Getting Old

Given your budget of £150 semi-auto CO2 target pistols are out the window (£300 upwards)

Pellet firing semi autos are not common, the Umarex Desert Eagle and PX4 or the Anics Skiff 3000 spring to mind but none are renowned for their accuracy. You should be able to find second hand examples in your price range.
    Then you are into BB firing pistols, there are a few more of these around, the Umarex Walther PPK and the new kids on the block Cybergun with the Tanfoglio Witness Colt 1911 or the Sig X5, all of which you should be able to find new for less than £150, but again don't expect target pistol accuracy although the Witness is astounding a lot of people with its accuracy.
    If you can do without the semi-auto function there is a much wider choice and you should find good quality second hand examples of the Umarex range CP88, Colt 1911, Beretta 92FS and Smith & Wesson revolver. All are revolvers, even the semi-auto clones, so are capable of quite rapid fire if desired in double action yet in single action can be surprisingly accurate, especially the longer barrelled models.
    Good luck hunting.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

I think even the PX4 and Desert Eagle are technically revolvers. My Desert Eagle really annoyed me as (apart from it being made of awful plastic) the blowback only cocked the hammer, the cylinder was still cycled via the trigger. An aborted shot meant one less round in the magazine.

The Witness is definately the gun of the moment, it will be a while before someone makes something else as good in the same price bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1814 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone had any recomendation for a sub £150 semi co2 pistol for target practice with decent power (near legal limit?).

thanks!
    Dave
    Crosman 2240 or as said sheridan/Benjamin pistols .20 or .22 .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

As above, Crosman 2240, bit plasticky ( breech, sights, grips ) but they work well. Plus you can buy two within budget!

torrens

sub 150 co2

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Crosman 2240 or as said sheridan/Benjamin pistols .20 or .22 .
    It is ok to not know what you don't know
    The 2240 by crosman sell for $59.00 US. The trigger sucks but there bunhes of mods available for this gun.