Thread: Entry level pistol

Entry level pistol

Wondering what peoples thought are on an entry level target pistol on a reasonable budget. Got a lot more interested in pistols lately and fancy seeing where the road takes me

Just put "entry level pistol" in the search box.Loads of stuff there.

Tau 7 and it is more than capable of taking you from entry level to pretty high level in club competitions.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Tau 7 and it is more than capable of taking you from entry level to pretty high level in club competitions.
    You do seem to like your Tau 7 however they are not produced any more and not that easy to get hold of these days and even if they do come up will probably cost £200 or more.

Perhaps if the OP said what his budget was the advice could be tailored to his pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    You do seem to like your Tau 7 however they are not produced any more and not that easy to get hold of these days and even if they do come up will probably cost £200 or more.

Perhaps if the OP said what his budget was the advice could be tailored to his pocket?
    I normally shoot with my Walther, but yes, I am very impressed with the Tau. It's much better IMO than the Alfa I had previously.

I would hazard a guess that £200 would be being a bit greedy; If someone offered that for mine I think I'd take their hand off!

As for not produced anymore, see http://www.taubrno.com/ where they are offered at €360
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Real basic entry level I woul day starts with a Gamo compact I have a decent one if yo want it £80
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

budget could go to £150ish - sadly that would likely put the fwb 65 and 80 out of reach if one came up.

i considered the game but have heard the trigger is not a real two stage and has a fair amount of creep...?

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    I normally shoot with my Walther, but yes, I am very impressed with the Tau. It's much better IMO than the Alfa I had previously.

I would hazard a guess that £200 would be being a bit greedy; If someone offered that for mine I think I'd take their hand off!

As for not produced anymore, see http://www.taubrno.com/ where they are offered at €360
    Last 2 on here I know of were posted for sale at

£250 (Jan 2011)
    £245 (Apr 2011)

I did not know however they are still produced - the current price is listed at 7722 CZK which converts to £270...plus a bit of shipping which makes the second-hand prices look a bit dear.

The Gamo Compact posted above is a good entry level gun and can be made even better with a bit of tinkering at no cost...

any one got a link to a guide for tuning the gamo?? see wht it would take

The original 'postcard from Spain' website has gone, but the gist of it is here...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/archive/ind.../t-370681.html

Hope that helps, it's quite simple to do...

got a model 717 single stroke pnuematic for sale £80 pm me if interested .
    Last edited by hawkeye; 22-10-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !