Thread: Tondu Air rifle & FTC

Tondu Air rifle & FTC

Sunday December 11th

It would be great to see some invaders from across the borders at this, going for a northern Softy approach on the main in that for a change, it will be all 40 -45 ml kills, though snappy (25ml) may slip into the pond if the water is the right height.

Also hope to see a good number of Wafta shooters for a full days shooting.

would be great to see some from here come and ahave a go. competative shooting is fun, your score is not that important but who knows you may surprise yourself. Above all else, i cant see you having anything else but a great days shooting.

there will be a :

30 shot "Northern" main course out, set out over the top ponds and finishing down by the Stats (container)
    By Northern, as a change i am planning the main course to be all full size (40 -45 ml) kills with no reducers. Though we may slip snappy in if the pond water lever is right height?

Think its £6 entry, cash prizes for 1-3 C, B, A.(AA shot in a in wafta !!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zero range -car park into Bowl. (free entry!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Extreme 10 shot.

1 point for hitting target sitting, 2 for kneeling, 3 for standing.

£1 entry, £20 first prize

target will not be that far out, around 35 -45 yards depending on wind.

Makes standing more tempting??

Italian Mini Main.

Inspired by our recent raid to italy, the "vermin" will have an italian feel it it this winter.

blue targets and lots of mini kills,
    15mm, 25mm 30mm.
    If i have enough targets and i think i do, it will be all mini kills.
    If it is all mini, no wire / obsticles in front of kills.
    There will compulsary standers and kneelers too, but no Anti Aircraft high shots as in italy !!

£1 entry, around 20 shot. £20 first prize.

Also lookig to borrow a set of sillouettes. These might come from Oaktree or Nelson.

something we dont usually put out but of interest to some

£1 entry, £10 first prize

Hope to see some of you there

Simon
    Last edited by piemanlarger; 20-10-2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: forgot date!
    Ostler Ev2 in Warren Edwards off set (Pope) + Prem ret x45 Comp Series luepold
    Oaktree FTC
    Air Arms XTi50 Test Pilot

The road leading down to Tondus ground has had a couple of days of repair work on it.
    Its now alot flatter than it was and thus low profile cars have a better chance of making it up and down in one peice.

no guarentee on that though, especially if Bob is driving!

Its still muddy in a couple of places so take you time coming dowm, especially as you reach the sweeping right hand bend by the cow feeder.

We managed to get several tons of cow stuff pushed off the road so now instead of 10 inches of shit to drive through, you can either take the new short cut which only has a pat or two, or if you want the off road look its about 2 inches of stuff at worse. Least until the cows have a curry on the weekend?

Drainage has been put in so hopefully the ice problems on the road will be a thing of the past.

all in all, Hopefully this will be the start of a bright future for tondu.
    Oaktree FTC

dont think we will have sillys now.

I think the mini main and extreme 10 shot will be enough with the main.

Main course runs from the shotgunners containers along the top ponds then down the bank, finishing at our container.
    Its more than likley some of these lanes will be in the 2012 Wafta Gp course, so good Gp practice.

I would say at least 10 of the 15 lanes may be in some good wind, but no 15ml and at worst only one 25 ml (snappy).

If the forecast is silly wind, i will shorten some of the targets on the saturday.

i think from memory there were 5 long ones, 10 average and about 8 close ones on plan A.

would hope

A to be won with between 25 -30

b to be won with between 20 -25

C to be wone with 15 -20

30 shot course
    Oaktree FTC

Free tea, coffee or pop.

mo burger van as is the norm in wales so bring your own food.
    Oaktree FTC

Due to the forecast heavey Rain, shoot is cancelled.

will confirm new date and advise.
    please pass the message on to thse you know who may have been attending.

Thanks

Simon
    Oaktree FTC