Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: original 45

original mod 45

tried your suggestions today,without the mainspring,gun cocks,sets the safety,put some pressure on the piston,pulled the trigger,released the piston.so i shortend the mainspring again,reassembled,still the same what i did notice was when the sear clicked onto the piston it is fully engaged then when the barrel is returned it seems to pop out of the piston,so i put a stronger spring,to see if it would hold the sear in place...didn't work!!!!

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by wil95k View Post
    tried your suggestions today,without the mainspring,gun cocks,sets the safety,put some pressure on the piston,pulled the trigger,released the piston.so i shortend the mainspring again,reassembled,still the same what i did notice was when the sear clicked onto the piston it is fully engaged then when the barrel is returned it seems to pop out of the piston,so i put a stronger spring,to see if it would hold the sear in place...didn't work!!!!
    I know you have said that it is straight, but check to see if the cocking arm is bowed. If the piston is being pulled forward by the cocking arm a touch when you close the barrel, it would suggest this or that the wrong arm has been fitted. If you leave the mainspring out and try it,and with the barrel closed,the piston can be pulled forward without much force, this would give you an idea. If it is ok when the barrel is not quite closed but not when it is fully closed then I reckon the arm would need a tap on the bend to correct it. I assume the cocking shoe is ok?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Another suggestion.

Check that the rear of the piston is not damaged/deformed. Rear of the cut out groove where the sear engages.

I have see them deformed and even cracked before.

If all else fails contact 'DM80' on this forum, Dave Mercer....he is a whiz when it comes to Diana/Original air guns.

C

original mod 45

Quote Originally Posted by rapidshot View Post
    Another suggestion.

Check that the rear of the piston is not damaged/deformed. Rear of the cut out groove where the sear engages.

I have see them deformed and even cracked before.

If all else fails contact 'DM80' on this forum, Dave Mercer....he is a whiz when it comes to Diana/Original air guns.

C
    hi,the rear of the piston isn't damaged/deformed,i'm totally baffled!! how would i go about contacting dave mercer?