Thread: whats the best

whats the best

whats the best pistol going? hw45?
    kenny roach

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    For what????
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

There isn't one, like anything there are some very fine pistols but all are different.

The HW45 is a very good all round spring pistol though. Its well made, accurate, powerful, enjoyable to shoot and has some really nice features. I like mine but if you were to use it for a practical discipline you would find that it was rubbish compared to even a cheap CO2 multishot gun. If you tried target shooting with it you would find a dedicated target pistol was better (but more expensive).

I agree with the above.

Where the HW45 does score highly is allround appeal.

Its rugged, powerful(for a pistol), accurate(with effort) and will last a lifetime too.

The HW45 is not as powerful as people seem to think, I have seen a bunch of these and never come across one doing more that 4.5 ft/lbs. They do work well and are accurate, but they are also expensive, soulless, ugly, ungraceful, poorly proportioned and somehow boring to shoot, despite shooting quite well and accurately. I enjoy shooting Webley Tempests and BSA Scorpions much more than I enjoy shooting the HW45, they're somehow more satisfying and have something about them that the HW45 lacks.