Thread: Crosman 2240 problem

Crosman 2240 problem

Hi, I have bought a 2240 but after adjusting the rear sight to its limit, my POI is still 1 inch too high at 10 yards. Has any body else had this issue or have any suggestions? I know the sights are a bit cheap and plasticky but otherwise it's a great pistol. I can compensate when I aim but my lad just can't get on with it.

I would appreciate any help with this.

dwk54rak florida usa

It is a pretty common problem with the 2240. I recently bought one to customize and it has the same problem. You can lengthen the slot and lower the sight, but if it is like mine, it will still need some kentucky windage or a new sight. I like the size and the weight. My first mod, will be a new trigger sear to get the pull down a bit and I am whittling on a pair of cherry grips.
    Good luck with your gun

I don't know why yours is shooting too high but logic suggests it may involve one or combination of all of the following;

The barrel band, the barrel or the breech.

Is the bore of the barrel central to the barrel? - I know it sounds odd but I have seen off centre crosman barrels a few times before.

Is the barrel band / breech raising / lowering the barrel at all? - If you were to measure with a feeler gauge the distance between the barrel and the body of the pistol (or even just eye it up) is there a difference of height between the area closest to the breech and the end close to the barrel band?

(my first mod would be a decent breech)