Thread: Pump up pneumatics - why are they so great?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Old Jud is right, prior to PCPs they were practically the only sporting rifles which were recoilless etc and were 'different'.

The main reason they are raved about is a massive dose of nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses glued to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Old Jud is right, prior to PCPs they were practically the only sporting rifles which were recoilless etc and were 'different'.

The main reason they are raved about is a massive dose of nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses glued to the head
    Guilty as charged! I must admit to having thoughts of late about selling off my Sharps (And that includes my Victory) and going over to SSP's ...I must try and resist, i know i'll only regret it at a later date.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

I'm saying nowt!!
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

very wise eric as your wardrobes are stuffed with various pneumatics and other items!! ;
    the odd thing is they are an effort to prepare for every shot and to start with i avoided them with contempt
    and only bought an innova as it was a genre that was missing from my humble collection ;but after a refurb on
    the abused example i acquired and a rebuild by messrs eric/andy i seem to have bonded with it and now have both
    calibres,on the plus side they are light,med sized east to handle,quiet especially with a quality silencer ,variable power,
    and original in character,and against the clacking pump up and mediocre trigger.problem now is that ive wondered into
    crosmans and others in that stable ;lord knows where it will end!.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

In the eighties they were a lot more accurate than other cheap rifles and full power too.

I'm waiting with baited breath for my mate Ged to get back from his trip to the drinks cabinet
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Pumpers,I love them

I reckon pumpers are simply more interesting than spring powered guns.But then,I like to fondle and admire my guns rather than shoot them!:-)
    Pumpers are,of course,TRUE airguns.They don't depend upon an explosion of oil and air to send a pellet down-range...and they don't require accessory tanks of air to inflate them!
    Nothing is more tactile than a Sheridan Sporter-a joy to hold and to shoot.
    Having said that,for casual plinking with minimal effort I opt for a Crosman Model 160 CO2 rifle with a diopter sight!
    A rifle that really suits my geriatric condition.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    I'm waiting with baited breath for my mate Ged to get back from his trip to the drinks cabinet
    Ha ha, Thanks mate, I raced back, Fell over the cat & Spilt an expensive Cognac !
    Only one reason ! Power , I note everyone has evaded the point.
    When they came out, There were no chrono,s !
    I might add that any high power Pneumatic is far from recoiless !!!
    Every man & his dog had one ,

The Sheridans were in my opinion much better guns & Will last the duration , As will the early crosmans,
    The SSP,s are for Orangutangs , I Have owned most of the & have none,
    ( They could have been made much smaller with a 2, Stroke action & Blowoff valve ) They just wanted the SSP Tag, & Paid for it .

Just a thought , Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 18-01-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: spelling