Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pump up pneumatics - why are they so great?

THe INNOVA

Quote Originally Posted by pmcb View Post
    Well, I bought a used Innova a while ago (because I never had one back in the 80s).

I hated it (maybe it had been 'clicked and clacked' too many times in it's past!).

It was cheap, nasty, loose, and toy-like... I second the OP. I'd prefer to use just about any airgun than that thing... recoil-less or not!

I luckily sold it quickly on for what I'd paid.

Now, I wonder how much I'd like an ASI Paratrooper, with the old rosey specs on!

Phil
    was not a particularly beautiful rifle and the trigger gets harder to pull the more you pump it.However,in 1978,this Sharp cost $NZ70 and churned a pellet out at a 1000fps without recoil. I think you folk in the UK might have only had "tame" Innovas?
    Footnote.
    I've watched a number of well-endowed chaps who cock the likes of HW80s easily,struggling with pumpers .A "pumping knack" is definitely required but once mastered,makes the task fun.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    was not a particularly beautiful rifle and the trigger gets harder to pull the more you pump it.However,in 1978,this Sharp cost $NZ70 and churned a pellet out at a 1000fps without recoil. I think you folk in the UK might have only had "tame" Innovas?
    Footnote.
    I've watched a number of well-endowed chaps who cock the likes of HW80s easily,struggling with pumpers .A "pumping knack" is definitely required but once mastered,makes the task fun.:-)
    Good morning Trevor

You are right that ours are usually 12 ft lb but thereare some on FAC I imagine.

I did purchase one where the blow off valve had been messed with and when I got it home I had to take it apart double quick as it chronod at 18 ft lb...

All mine run at 11.5 to 11.6 but are still effective hunting guns.

I would like one at 18ft lb but so much pumping...

You are right it's a knack! I enjoy it too
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post

I would like one at 18ft lb but so much pumping...

You are right it's a knack! I enjoy it too
    That's why they are also called Grace Guns - after Grace Jones' song 'Slave to the Rythmn'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    That's why they are also called Grace Guns - after Grace Jones' song 'Slave to the Rythmn'.
    Err... no

They are also known as MARRS GUNS

after "Pump up the volume (pump it up keep pumping)..."

Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I bought my Sharp Innover in 1981 for the grand sum of £49. I still have it, it still works very well indeed and it has never let me down. We are all different and we all like different things, or am I a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by colin57 View Post
    I bought my Sharp Innover in 1981 for the grand sum of £49. I still have it, it still works very well indeed and it has never let me down. We are all different and we all like different things, or am I a bit odd.
    You are OK with me Colin

I have 12 Innovas and I am not odd at all

Mine was probably just a bit old and worn out... rather like me really!

dont know

Why i love this feller but i do

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Why i love this feller but i do

Because it is cool! It looks like a 1950s schoolboy's science-fiction dream! You could shoot (imaginary) lions with that.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

this thread is building a head of steam that creates new converts!! i can see it becoming even more
    difficult to pick up bargains;i suppose i will be reduced to picking up horrendously abused examples
    and refurbing them,woods no problem and as andy has managed to miraculously fix chipped breechs
    they can be bought back to something resembling the original.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    this thread is building a head of steam that creates new converts!! i can see it becoming even more
    difficult to pick up bargains;i suppose i will be reduced to picking up horrendously abused examples
    and refurbing them,woods no problem and as andy has managed to miraculously fix chipped breechs
    they can be bought back to something resembling the original.
    Any thread that steers the conversation away from the endless FWB Sport is ok with me!

you could walk all day with your Innova at the ready , and your spring would not weaken ,
    , .22 Midas , .177 TX200 SR. ZASTAVA PISTOL.177.

Thanks All, most enlightening. Hmm yes its got me thinking again. I appreciate that the Sharp rifles are more highly rated than the Sheridan I found, and I do appreciate that the Innova is especially light and handy.

I think the argument that a spring will weaken over a day is a red herring though. I've certainly not experienced that with my old TX200, but I've not experimented with the chrono.

I've come very close to shouting "I'll take it" at few Innova/Ace adverts - but I always stop myself thinking it will be fired a few times then left to prop up the corner of the gunsafe..

I have gained one especially important piece of anecdotal support for future arguments with my other half, when a rifle shaped parcel arrives..

12 Innovas!? 12!!!!?

Mallyally, that's a real nice looking Crosman -- what is it, a 140 or a 1400?

PS -- nice choice of scope too.

crosman

looks like a 1400...