Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nite site ns50

Nite site ns50

Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and used it last Friday. I have to say the sight picture out to 70 yards is vastly superior to gen 1 stuff . You can pick your aim point brilliantly whereas with gen 1 stuff you can only really aim for the eye. The big screen that shows the picture casts a lot of light back into your face but it didn't seem to spook the rabbits. Setting up the camera to show the scope recticle is however fiddly, either use long nose pliers or borrow the hands of a small child, sausage fingers are of no use at all for this job. All in all I have found this tool super.

Thanks for the review.

Re. focusing the reticle: Phil at Nite Site tells me that the lenses came from the factory fully tightened, which is why you need pliers (or a small child!) to adjust the focus. However, once freed off, the lens housing should turn easily enough thereafter with just finger pressure.

It worked for me.

about above

hi have been looking at one of these but have seen lots of bad feedback but glad you find it ok as i was changing my mind , so will be thinking now ok cheers

i got the ns200 so far seems good and yes much much better than a gen1 i dont have much spare money so was a big decision and im pretty happy so far i am also going to invest into a recorder for it also, if you ever near harlow essex im happy to show you it
    sorted

Does anyone have a decent photo of the part we need pliers or kiddy fingers for please?
    For NV spotter and add-on videos, paste > some bloke night vision < into YouTube search bar

Quote Originally Posted by some bloke View Post
    Does anyone have a decent photo of the part we need pliers or kiddy fingers for please?

Hi Buddy.

I have the ns200, and very, very impressed and happy with it.
    On the camera module, inside the plastic housing that goes onto the rubber tube, you will see a small metal tube, inside which the camera eye sits.
    To focus the reticule you turn this....but.....before you stick pliers in there, try a bit of rubber inner tube or the like, place it on the top and turn with your thumb, hopfully it will move, mine did !!
    If it dosnt...go get the pliers

ATB.

Bill.
    Last edited by Sweeney-Todd; 27-01-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Hi Bill, i also have the ns200 and i now mount mine to my scope with a cobra/merlin
    dsa it stops the camera unit moving, overall i am happy with it and now own the ns50 as well.
    regds brian

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    Hi Bill, i also have the ns200 and i now mount mine to my scope with a cobra/merlin
    dsa it stops the camera unit moving, overall i am happy with it and now own the ns50 as well.
    regds brian

Hi Brian.

Thanks for the confirmation that the Cobra/Merlin DSA fits and works.
    Had heard it did, but was not sure.
    Any modification to it, or straight on mate ?

Only played with mine up till now, waiting for a rifle to come back from JB, then hope to hammer the paper and get used to the unit, before hunting live.

Have you had good results with yours Bri,. daft question that, especially as you have now got the ns50 ASWELL

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Bill , the only mod is depending on what scope you are using
    you might need a spacer or good old insulation tape , thats all!!!!
    regds brian

Hi Bill , the only mod is depending on what scope you are using
    you might need a spacer or good old insulation tape , thats all!!!!
    regds brian

Hi Bri.

Thank you.

Hope its just tape

Are you into putting footage up on youtube etc?
    If so, what do you use to capture the video?
    The Dazzle and Yukon MPR unit has been mentioned, but I am not too clever with all the techno bits n bobs.
    I think it would be a bit of fun, but I dont want to buy something I cant use

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Bill, no i am not into the recording side but if you ask the guys on here
    i am sure they will help,
    regds brian

Hi Bill, no i am not into the recording side but if you ask the guys on here
    i am sure they will help,
    regds brian

Hi Bri.

Fair enough mate, its something I need to think about.
    Ill proberbly just shoot and enjoy it myself.

ATB.

Bill.

Cool Ns50

Hi been reading your chat and it helped me make my mind up and brought a ns 200 yesterday.

i got a merlin dsa on its way and i use this "Item number: 220688713860" red filter sheet,, makes a big difference to the screen image and no glare from lcd screen...

Quote Originally Posted by Deancat View Post
    Hi been reading your chat and it helped me make my mind up and brought a ns 200 yesterday.
    Hi Deancat, let us know how you get in with it
    regds brian