Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nite site ns50

ns50

Hi,
    Bin looking at the ns50 to do a bit of ratting and just wondering how awkward the aiming is.
    I've seen people on youtube using them and the actual gear looks very good, but the aiming looks a bit strange
    due to the positioning of the screen. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems in this respect?
    Cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinjunkie View Post
    Hi,
    Bin looking at the ns50 to do a bit of ratting and just wondering how awkward the aiming is.
    I've seen people on youtube using them and the actual gear looks very good, but the aiming looks a bit strange
    due to the positioning of the screen. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems in this respect?
    Cheers..
    find a stockist with a demo unit and try it,, some like putting screen to the left or right that will put your head more or less where your used to aiming..but if the rifle is rested the screen can be veiwed comfortably esp if you use a screen filter as i think it is a bit bright and blocks peripheral vision..a plus for me useing a screen is that i dont get NV blind in one eye like what i got from tubed NV..only used my ns200 on the rats so far and i think they are very good.

Cheers, will try and find one locally and have a go...

Hi,
    Cheers..
    I bought my ns200 in january and have made the usual modifications i.e cobra merlin dsa, gel filter for the screen and the little blue battery. Ive shot over a hundred rats with the set up and find acquiring the target using the ns200 screen so much quicker than actually looking through a scope. The position of the screen has taken no getting used to for me. Best piece of kit ive bought for a long time.
    Just to add my local gunshop loaned me their demo unit for two weeks but i had decided i wanted one after the first night lol.
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by lucky trigger View Post
    I bought my ns200 in january and have made the usual modifications i.e cobra merlin dsa, gel filter for the screen and the little blue battery. Ive shot over a hundred rats with the set up and find acquiring the target using the ns200 screen so much quicker than actually looking through a scope. The position of the screen has taken no getting used to for me. Best piece of kit ive bought for a long time.
    Just to add my local gunshop loaned me their demo unit for two weeks but i had decided i wanted one after the first night lol.
    Hi Lucky trigger your little blue battery and the ns200, how long roughly will it last, when im out rat shooting i do around 4 hrs, this is on 30 sec's off 2 mins sort of for the 4 hrs that im out, would the blue battery last for the 4 hrs doing this do you think. Thanks.

Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system

Quote Originally Posted by warbucks View Post
    Hi Lucky trigger your little blue battery and the ns200, how long roughly will it last, when im out rat shooting i do around 4 hrs, this is on 30 sec's off 2 mins sort of for the 4 hrs that im out, would the blue battery last for the 4 hrs doing this do you think. Thanks.

Dave (warbucks)
    Hi Dave,
    the little battery is ideal for the length of time you've mentioned especially if not running the ns200 at max power. Im usually out ratting a similar length of time to you

Mick
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

adrenalinjunkie, you can take a look at mine if you want, I'm only at Hatton if it helps.

Cheers Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney-Todd View Post
    Hi Bri.

Thank you.

Hope its just tape

Are you into putting footage up on youtube etc?
    If so, what do you use to capture the video?
    The Dazzle and Yukon MPR unit has been mentioned, but I am not too clever with all the techno bits n bobs.
    I think it would be a bit of fun, but I dont want to buy something I cant use

ATB.

Bill.
    Hi! To record your footage with NS50 or NS200 you can buy a JXR318 (really small recordning device) search for it at aliexpress.com. Cable needed is a 4 pole 3.5mm male to male. Perhaps a hand made cable would be best since you dont need left and right sound recording - only video composit signal. ---> Link to cable http://www.kabelgiganten.se/artiklar.asp?id=13024#

Regards,

Linkan (Sweden)

Ns50

Ive heard good & bad things about these units, Looked ok in the shop but seem a bit flimsy, £400 also seems steep, are they really worth it or is a camcorder setup just as good

The kit is worth the money i think! i would go for the ns200 if i should buy one now. The ability to see up to 200 meters is really good. I bought myself a Pulsar n750 but the ns50 is still fun to use. The recticle on the n750 is to small for use with airguns i think .

Another option is to build you own kit...
    Edgun R3 Long .25 - Daystate Air Wolf MCT Tactical .22 - Pulsar 750 - Nitesite NS50

Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Cake View Post
    Ive heard good & bad things about these units, Looked ok in the shop but seem a bit flimsy, £400 also seems steep, are they really worth it or is a camcorder setup just as good

I tried camcorder n.v but much prefer the ns200. Ive used mine regularly since buying in January and have had no build quality issues.

Hi,
    Cheers..
    yes does seem strange at first but it has benefits..i was ratting in chicken shed with the ns200 a while back and took my folding canvas chair in with me..just sat there with AA s200 resting on my knee scanning the kill area..and out side i just rest rifle on the fence and scan/shoot in a relaxed standing positon. i also use a butt extension slip on to give me a bit more eye distance for easy eye focus (varifocul specs)...so i think a ns 50 will be fine for your needs..
    I did try a camcorder 2 yrs ago and it worked ok but i found it awkward for walk about shooting...if its just for ratting tho and you have the time theres loads of info on the forums for home brews...but NV season is here and if you got the cash buy one...but ask your local dealer if you have a good demo or ask for a local user to give you try of theirs and have a practice run in setting it up on your gun.

secretagentmole Guest
    A replacement battery is a must as well, the one they supply is about the same weight as 2 bags of sugar, it is heavy. A replacement battery from the bay of evil can be had for under £40, double the running time, less than a sixth of the weight, they are simply much better!

evening and seasonal greetings

does anybody know what gen of nv 1, 1+, 2 the ns50 is equal to and how do they compare. any pro's or con's either way?

cheers ratz

Have a look over in the night vision section - and try your question there too.