Thread: webley alecto

webley alecto

Im thinking about getting one of these.The only thing is putting me off is the reliabilty of them.I may be wrong but a gun built in Turkey dosent give me the same confidence as one built in Germany.Ive had a hw45 and hw40 but the Alecto seems the best of both worlds of the two.Any horror stories out there about them or are they as good as they look?....cheers

As good as they look?

Hmmmm - I don't think that's fair - the poor thing is as ugly as sin.

I bought mine on "fit in the hand" and "recoil free shooting" - its a bunch of fun and easy to use - problem free and far more accurate than I am.

Try before you buy.

I agree they don't look great.

Mine has less power on three strokes than 2! - it drops from 5.4 ft/lbs to 4.7.

Apart from that I've had it a year and it is accurate and great fun with no reliability issues.

I Like

I have the Webley Alecto Ultra for 2 months now. I put a BSA 30MM Red Dot on it and have fired about 2000 rounds. I find it to be very accurate and reliable. I am shooting diabolo basic wad cutters. This is the cheapest pellet you can buy and I will shoot 5 shot groups with all
    holes touching all day from a rest. The only problem I have had was the breach seal fell out. I went to our ACE hardware store and replaced it for .59 $. I generally shoot 2 pumps, too lazy to put in the third for punching paper or plinking. Mine is .177
    dwk54rak North Port , Florida USA

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I agree they don't look great.

Apart from that I've had it a year and it is accurate and great fun with no reliability issues.
    Funnily enough so does mine!!!

Nowt wrong with them, nice pistol IMO.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Never use three strokes, too much like hard work. Mine has a standard .177 barrel and a long .22 barrel. Most fun is the .22 with a silencer - plink all day!

And yes, it is delightfully ugly, even mean.

As a lifelong Webley fan I felt it was necessary to get the 'new' Webleys for the old collection. The new Typhoon is/was c**p but I do like the Alecto, not a true Webley but a fun gun to play with.
    Last edited by lodmoor; 02-11-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Talking it is ok that we don't know what we don't know

I have a Webley ultra with 3000 rounds through it and it i still going strong. The gun is very accurate and I am shooting diabolo basic pellets the cheapest thing one can buy. They do 1/2' or in your language 1.1 c at ten meters. I do a lot of plinking in the back yard. I have a canal that is 30 meters wide and flowing with tide. With the gun benched in at 10 m and shooting the diabolo 7 grain, the gun is only 2.5 c high at the 30 meters. It is way better than I am. Buy it.

webley Alecto

Noticing quite q few folks responding that the Alecto is ugly. I prefer to refer to mine as futuristic
    dwk54rak North port, Florida,USA

Alecto

Have just got one a couple of weeks ago. Beets sliced bread!!!.....Chris.

just to the reply earlier on i am fifteen my dad owns the webley alecto you can do three strokes its not too tricky because i can but four and you will seriously damage your pistol

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    .22? IME only the .177 version benefits from three pumps.

Webley Alecto

Butt Ugly but a Damn! fine pistol, sadly I had to sell mine as my right wrist is arthritic and was being pushed out of joint when pumping the Pistol,

Found one pump almost useless 2 gave around 4.2ftlbs three gave 5.2ftlbs, fine out to forty yards with open sights, amazing out to fifty with a good scope,

Mick Goss's barrel seal came adrift and he was advised to undo the internal barrel clamps close the pistol and turn it upside down,

And loosen the allen screw under the barrel tip,

Having done this use a biro tip to the barrel gently inwards until the rear of the barrel seats gently against the seal,

Retighten the allen screw and having opened the pistol retighten the barrel clamps,

This may well work with the HW 45 and Webley Nemisis

On second thoughts this may account for lower pressure on 3 pumps as the seal may be forced open due to the increased pressure? try adjusting barrel to seal.
    Last edited by ratgunner; 08-11-2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Second thoughts