Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Witch budget target pistol

Witch budget target pistol

Hi every one, i am thinking of geting a target pistol as the only range nere to me only has a 20mt 22live and a 10mt air pistol range. I wood like a .177 pneumatic as i already have an air bottle and pump any advice welcome.
    Thanks Jon.
    FX T12 .177. ( Superdome 4.5) Gamo compact .177 .

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    That depends on your definition of "Budget"
    If you shop around you can find a Gamo Compact SSP new for around £150, Pre-Charged target pistols start at about 3 times that for something that will be harder work to acieve the same results,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Thanks nick, i have just been looking around the web and i could not beleve the prices of them and i think your rite it looks like its going to be the gamo compact.
    Cheers Jon.

Discontinued in USA

Best I can tell the Gamo is discontinued, at least in the US.
    Another deadly accurate single pump pneumatic is the IZH 46M, but it is $459.00 US. Is that 275 pounds?
    dwk54rak North Port Florida, USA

They are still on the B A R web site £150. ??? Jon.
    Last edited by jonone; 28-10-2011 at 06:28 PM.

which pistol?

Just bought a second hand Gamo compact today, superb pistol for the money.
    If all else fails, read the manual.

Unhappy U.K. price for a Baikal IZH 46M

Quote Originally Posted by dwk54rak View Post
    Best I can tell the Gamo is discontinued, at least in the US.
    Another deadly accurate single pump pneumatic is the IZH 46M, but it is $459.00 US. Is that 275 pounds?
    dwk54rak North Port Florida, USA
    You are very lucky to have that price in the USA, York Guns here in the U.K. sell this gun for £459.95 and yes that is POUNDS!
    Last edited by colin57; 03-11-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Made a mistake on price

Quote Originally Posted by colin57 View Post
    You are very lucky to have that price in the USA, York Guns here in the U.K. sell this gun for £495.95 and yes that is POUNDS!
    i am in the market for a 10m pistol too but being thrifty im not looking to pay a grand plus for one. i understand the engineering that goes into a pistol but someones taking the piss on prices. the baikal looks a decent gun but i refuse to pay that price knowing how much the gun costs in the us.

think ill email baikal direct

try out the webley alecto its not precharged but its a fair deal i picked mine up for £230 and it packs on hell of a punch

Quote Originally Posted by colin57 View Post
    You are very lucky to have that price in the USA, York Guns here in the U.K. sell this gun for £459.95 and yes that is POUNDS!
    Rip-off Britain????
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Witch budget target pistol...

What calibre broomsticks does it shoot?

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    What calibre broomsticks does it shoot?

.5 Ash...

i'd suggest a fwb65/80 as these sell for £200-£250 and much better than most modern '' target '' pistols for about that same money plus you will get a pistol that was an olympic standard pistol for many years and will hold their value.

although not pneumatic they are semi recoilless but much better built...a rolls royce amongst spring pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    i'd suggest a fwb65/80 as these sell for £200-£250 and much better than most modern '' target '' pistols for about that same money plus you will get a pistol that was an olympic standard pistol for many years and will hold their value.

although not pneumatic they are semi recoilless but much better built...a rolls royce amongst spring pistols!

I've just had the bargain of the century and chuffed to death with it. Went to the local auction today and bid on a fwb65 and to my surprise the auctioneer knocked it down to me at £55 plus commision coming to a grand total of £65. It came in an alluminium case with pellets three mags and variouse bits and pieces , the gun itself is absolutely mint and doesn't look as if its been hardly used. I can only say that it is a superb piece of engineering and a true classic which can still hold it's own against modern pistols. Steve