As mentioned by IJ and Mr shooter, these tins were sent out with the "wrong" contents when retailer orders needed to be filled and the correct tins were not available.

As mentioned, both the .177's and .22's came in the "opposite" colour tins (Webley for a long time used orange for .22, and green for .177 tins up to the 70's dual colour tins).

Example of types of rectangular tins here showing variations and temporary stickers of both types.

Various Webley tins .....the earlier types showing the Orange and Green theme regarding calibre.

As usual, there is the exception that proves the rule or whatever.......Webley did a 200 size .177 tin in the 70's of the same graphic style as the dual coloured tins, but used orange......these are quite scarce and can fetch good money......There is an example 4th row down extreme right of this old photo .

As to value, sometimes they slip through the radar, one of mine had the sticker inside out of sight when listed, so I got it at a knock down price, obviously the seller had no idea it would make any difference......to many people they are just tins that have been in the shed for yonks full of screws and they often get a (nice) surprise when they sell them.......another nice surprise was to get about a dozen pellet vouchers in another tin I bought, again with no mention of this in the listing. But generally, because they are thinner on the ground, the stickers can attract up to a 50% premium to a saddo like me who wants all the variations.

That's how it starts........I was quite happy with one nice prewar wasp tin.......then I saw one with different size printing, then a screen printed one, then a London address one, then a fluted rolled one etc. etc. etc. etc.