Thread: Heads Up Webley MK1 and MK2 Service first pattern for Sale

Heads Up Webley MK1 and MK2 Service first pattern for Sale

Well Mrs Coburn and I spent a pleasant day in not so sunny Brighton today, she wanted to go and look at the clothes, shoe and jewellers shops for which Brighton is famous, along with the Rock, the Pier etc.

I was having none of that, so off we marched to Westons in East St. Amongst the new stuff and the deacts they had a Mk2 Service first pattern in .177 in pretty good nick for £795 (I never said this was going to have a happy ending) and a MK1 in vgc in .177 for a mere, wait for it.

£2450

Mind you as the label said it's only one of a thousand Mk1's made (that will be news to Chris Thrale I am sure his book has it at 1500)

So if your rich, mad, desperate, get down their tomorrow, just don't make the mistake of taking the wife....
    Last edited by coburn; 28-10-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    God almighty....

I am only a mere novice here, but I think the MK 1 rifle exceeds 1,000 in fact I own one in the 1400's that used to belong to a certain Mr Thrale.

The MK 2 Service 1st pattern ran for 1,000 I think.

Both of which I sold over the last 2 weeks for £,1200

Thanks for the heads-up though

Webley

Binners you are correct as per Chris's book 1500 or so MK1's were made, actually the MK2 Service first pattern could be described as one of a thousand because as per Chris's excellent book on the rifle, the 2nd pattern started after about 1000 or so.

So does that make the Mk2 at £795 a bargin...

I would have thought that's a reasonable price for a 'Service' first pattern in good condition, and roughly in keeping with current market values, which makes the price asked for the Mk.1, rather strange.