Thread: Witness adjustable sights

Witness adjustable sights

The mini micro fully adjustable sights for Colt 1911 ACP fit straight on Tanfoglio 1911 bb gun. Baz

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...icrosights.jpg

Can you advise best place to purchase
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

I see you have done it on here as well Baz

Surely the rear sights on the Tanfoglio blowback are cast in with the slide, or are you talking about a different model?

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Surely the rear sights on the Tanfoglio blowback are cast in with the slide, or are you talking about a different model?
    I thought that but it turns out there is a screw holding it on which you can get at once the slide is removed .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Witness 1911 rear sight

If you remove the allen screw at the back of the slide, the internals of the slide can be removed. Watch out for the long thin spring that will be freed at the same time. You will see the back sight is held in place with 2 phillips type screws. The dovetail milled in the slide is a standard size for some adjustable type options.

Baz

After a bit of digging, and If I were to guess, I'd say those sights where LPA model TPU45CT18, but I could of course be talking out of my arse as usual...

They do have a distributor in SA, Dave Scheer I think, which ties in with something Baz mentioned over on the UBC.

-Rob

witness sights

how do you remove the sights as lookin at the gun they look to be molded on

See above

Hi Hawk, not hawkeye I see. Did you not read the instructions two above you ?

Regards, Baz

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    where can i get some ?, many thanks
    Getting Old

Adjustable sights

Quote Originally Posted by Aardys View Post
    where can i get some ?, many thanks
    I got mine in South Africa and I am trying to locate some more. You can also order them in the USA from places like STI International and 1911store.com. They are not cheap as there is quite a bit of machining involved to make them. As they are only being fitted to a bb gun with low recoil I was wondering if there are any available from the 6mm bb gun suppliers who stock a lot of parts to the skirmishing fraternity.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by 2schimels View Post
    I got mine in South Africa and I am trying to locate some more. You can also order them in the USA from places like STI International and 1911store.com. They are not cheap as there is quite a bit of machining involved to make them. As they are only being fitted to a bb gun with low recoil I was wondering if there are any available from the 6mm bb gun suppliers who stock a lot of parts to the skirmishing fraternity.
    Airsoft suppliers do have some target sights, their prices seem higher than Midway UK
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com