Thread: problems with broken airguns

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

problems with broken airguns

This is probably the best place to put this. When someone comes on asking what is wrong with their gun because is it doing or not doing something, do you like to know what was actually up with it in the end? Sometimes various suggestions are offered and sometimes the gun gets sorted out and the poster comes on and tells us what the problem was in the end.Sometimes they dont. Am I the only one who likes to know what the problem was with the gun?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Good post...
    Yes, I would love to hear what the solution was. There are times when an obvious answer turns out not to be correct; such are the mechanics of air guns. So the more information we can get on what can cause a certain problem, and how it was cured, the better.
    Cheers, Phil

Great post ggggr,as by asking online for possible solutions the person who provides these solutions can be completely in the dark as to the success of the diagnosis, the way I feel is that the learning curve stops if we don't know of our success(and adversely our incorrect diagnoses) and the fun of mending something which was not operating correctly isn't there, I get great satisfaction from the repair or helping to repair anything be it firearm or airgun if its not operating as it should do , for this reason a post at the end of a request for help which states what was actually wrong and how it was corrected serves a dual purpose, it turns the thread into a possible reference for someone with the same problem at a later date and it also provides the warm glow of success to whoever provided the help in the end
    Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Much to my shame I guess I am one of those who have looked for advice on this forum but have not always advised the forum as to how affective the advice was. When given advice I always make a point of thanking the advisers at the time. Then for me there is often a large time lapse between being given advice and acting on it. By then the original thread has gone cold and as Guy points out “Problem solved” threads are few and far between on here.
    He is however 100% right. Our forum would be even better were the likes of me more diligent in getting back to the advisers with feedback on the advice.
    Other then air guns I belong to other arms related forums where I am in a position to give advice. I don’t often get feedback but I guess I have grown used to that and once I click on REPLY I tend to forget about it. I should not. I’ll try and change my ways and hope others will do so also.
    Barry