Thread: .22 Diana G79 - £30

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

.22 Diana G79 - £30

As title,
    Got given this, been in a barn for donkey's years

It's a .22 Diana G79.... it's seen better days lol the stock's pretty clean though although the holes for the stock bolts look oversized and one bolt (the other's missing) has been fitted with a washer. The bluing is not good, the trigger's a bit rough and it's only putting out 4 ft\lbs but I think that's mainly because the breech seal is virtually non-existant.

It's actually pretty quiet to shoot so I reckon internally it's probably ok.

Would fix up nice with a bit of work or use it for spares.

£30 takes it but needs to be collected in Glasgow area or I regularly travel up the A9 to Inverness via Perth so could meet someone on the way.

Unhappy Brings back bad memories ?

Hi mate, nothing personal.
    Had one back in the 70s, first new air rifle, got from a littlewooods cat, really was rubbish, rifling was very poor, even broken in places, fired when the safety was on, air came out of the two side front stock screws when fired.

Power was poor, once shot a poor squirrel about 20 times, the pellets never penertrated the skin, the poor squirrel just got bored and died I guess.

The times I took it apart on the kitchen table at my parents place trying to up the power.
    But it left a lasting impression thats for sure, evidently made up in Scotland, Millbro, they had taken the legendary German name Diana after the war, but not a patch on the original products, also just out of point the Original airgun name was stolen from Germany as well.
    I guess if its in good nick, its worth 30 quid, not for its quality, just its age.
    Obtained a webley Supertarget afterwards, second hand, beautiful rifle, accurate powerful, killed squirrels like a lightening bolt, all in .177 .

Nah fair enough....

Like I said, got given it and dont want to chuck it in the bin.

Has to be worth £20 to someone then?