Thread: Target pistol value?

Target pistol value?

Hi I'm Mike and used to shoot standard .22 olympic match many moons ago. I was moved to Germany in 1980 for work and bought a Feinverk 80 target pistol, never used it, still got it. Probably only fired 100 rounds in its life, still in it's original polystyrene box. Anyone have any idea what it's worth? I'd like to sell it and get a small vermin air pistol instead. I am so out of touch with todays shootiung world any advice would be much appreciated. NSRA suggested posting for help here.

Welcome to the bbs Mike.

There have been a few FWB mod.80 sales here on the bbs. £180-275 seems to be the price range, yours being near the top of that range owing to it's condition and assuming it has all the tools, manuals etc.

A mint one sold on Gunstar recently for £250 complete with box/tools etc it had just been factory serviced.

If your's hasn't had the original seals/buffer replaced then you should factor that into the price. They degrade over time and should be replaced to prevent any damage occuring during use.

Here are a couple of links to old sales posts: (Sales access requires 4+ posts, so these links may not open ~ get posting!)

1. Excellent+ condition. £270 asking price.

2. FWB 80 £220

3. LH mod80 £185 asking price.

As for your second question re. a pistol for vermin control. I think there's a general view that air pistols aren't suitable for that job.
    If you mean dispatch of caged/trapped vermin there are better ways than using a pistol. A cheap .22 air rifle is effective and you can poke the barrel through the cage material.

Hope that's of some interest, and welcome to the bbs.

Hello Mike .

And welcome to the forum mate .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "