Thread: TAC's, are they still used and what are they worth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    It depends who you are.I tried to sell a barrell and it was reported and removed in 30 minutes.In a fit of pique I reported 7 others selling the same and none of them were removed at all.
    Evilbay don't know their arse from their elbow. They (used to) insist that "Silencers", which, rightly or wrongly, are prohibited on their site are not the same as moderators. When asked if I listed a silencer as a moderator could I sell it then. After a pause the numpty said "Er, yes I suppose so"

Barrels are prohibited if they are for firearms (their wording) but again they don't seem to understand an air gun is a firearm

Pellets are allowed pointed or not btw Requoil. I would create over them removing them.

The long and short of it is if you want to sell then do it on here.

Once again, thank you guys for being the voice of reason for me. The trouble is with the Bay is that you are arguing with faceless jobsworths and are unlikely to win, even if you are right! What I will say is, the messages I received were polite and courteous, but they were not for moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Requoil View Post
    Once again, thank you guys for being the voice of reason for me. The trouble is with the Bay is that you are arguing with faceless jobsworths and are unlikely to win, even if you are right! What I will say is, the messages I received were polite and courteous, but they were not for moving.
    Judging by the language used in that reply, your faceless jobsworths are probably located in India (or some other outsourcing destination).
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeG View Post
    Evilbay don't know their arse from their elbow. They (used to) insist that "Silencers", which, rightly or wrongly, are prohibited on their site are not the same as moderators. When asked if I listed a silencer as a moderator could I sell it then. After a pause the numpty said "Er, yes I suppose so"

Barrels are prohibited if they are for firearms (their wording) but again they don't seem to understand an air gun is a firearm

Pellets are allowed pointed or not btw Requoil. I would create over them removing them.

The long and short of it is if you want to sell then do it on here.

Hi Spikeg, yes, they inform me that barrels are allowed if you specify that they are for airguns, BUT, pointed pellets ARE a prohibited item, thats why they have removed my tin of 65 pointed pellets, twice now. So I went down the list and reported the first 40 lots of "pointed pellets" asking that they also be removed, but have they removed them? I think you already know the answer to that one.

I think there must be a couple of hundred ads for pointed pellets, but they are somehow different to mine!

tac air rifle

A good few years ago a friend had a rifle that took tacs of some description.

What was the rifle? It looked like a quality center fire rifle nice walnut stock? the cartridges/ tacs were huge i seem to remember

Were they banned with the pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by davephoto View Post
    A good few years ago a friend had a rifle that took tacs of some description.

What was the rifle? It looked like a quality center fire rifle nice walnut stock? the cartridges/ tacs were huge i seem to remember

Were they banned with the pistols?
    i think you mean the orion saturn i had one they were like shotgun shells

B]BUT[/B], pointed pellets ARE a prohibited item
    Is that in an email from them, as I can't find in their prohibited items list anywhere? (Unless I'm being blind )
    Although if they're solid then perhaps they are classing them as bullets? (which are prohibited.)

Would be interested to know.

Hi again, I don't have a link to a list of banned items containing the "pointed pellets" but here is just one of the emails I have had in correspondence. I have highlighted the relevant sections. This early email is more related to me asking why my TAC's advert had been removed.

Hello Richard, My name is Dwight and I'm glad to address your concern regarding removal of your listing for Brocock Tac's pellet Cartridges (item # 290626625584). Richard, first of all, I'd like to thank you for being such a great and valued community member. I really appreciate your business with . I admire your willingness and efforts which you're showing in order to comply with the policies and to maintain a good reputation for your account. I can understand that you didn't intend to breach policies and listed a questionable item due to unawareness about the policy. I've reviewed your listing details and found that the action was taken in-line to policies. Please understand that you had listed Cartridges or Air gun ammunition, this type of cartridges are not allowed on the site as it can be used for making up an actual ammunition. Please know that if some one buy this from the site and use it after inserting gun powder or pellet having gun powder in it then, itwill work as an actual ammunition. I'm sorry that our agent marked the item as Brass shell in the previous email. However, I'd like to inform you that we don't allow these type of cartridges or air gun pellets on the site. You can see the air gun pellets (except pointed air gun pellets) allowed on the site at the following link: http://www.google.com/search?=pellet...&aqi=g10&aql=1 Moreover, please know that CO2 capsules are used to pressurise the Air gun or rifle for firing a pellet and not used as an ammunition. In regard to list a brass shell or cartridge on the site, I'd like to inform you that we don't allow any bullet or ammunition shell, which has not been deformed properly or in its actual cylindrical shape. You may list the item if the item is deformed from its actual cylindrical shape. Also, trench art items are allowed only ifthe shape and size of the shell is deformed in an art form which is no longer recognisable as a shell. Please know in your listing, the shell is in actual cylindrical shape and recognisable as an ammunition shell. I would like to inform you that we are always eager to help you out withyour problems and understand that the removal of your listing might haveaffected the sale of your item. However, please note that it is always our top priority to ensure remains a safe and reputable place to shop. Thanks for your understanding. I hope this email has made the policy clearer for you; please get in touch with us for any further query. Kind regards, Dwight JamessoneBay Trust & Safety

Hi again, I don't have a link to a list of banned items containing the "pointed pellets" but here is just one of the emails I have had in correspondence. I have highlighted the relevant sections. This early email is more related to me asking why my TAC's advert had been removed.

You can see the air gun pellets (except pointed air gun pellets) allowed on the site at the following link: http://www.google.com/search?=pellet...&aqi=g10&aql=1
    Fair enough but I'd be bloody awkward and ask for a direct link as to where they are specifically prohibited in their T&C (I've looked again and can't find it)
    There again the "arse and elbow" comment I made before is very true, I've reported so many things over the years and rarely is anything done