Thread: HW100 - FSB v Weihrauch Silencer

HW100 - FSB v Weihrauch Silencer

I may be looking to get another HW100 but I'm undecided between the FSB or standard silencer models.

Whilst I like the look of the shrouded barrel, having owned an HW100 previously I was always impressed with the supression from the standard Weihrauch silencer.

The rifle will be used for HFT and plinking in the garden, so I'm looking to keep the noise down so not to annoy the neighbours.

Anyone used both or have any views on how good the FSB does it's job of silencing the HW100?
    ColinM

FSB

FSB with dedicated FSB silencer is super quiet

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    The standard mod works better than the shroud on its own which has the advantage of being shorter.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Fsb is much much louder than the normal weirauch .

FSB

I have a fsb in karbine flavour, although I think it is better than a standard barrel its not quite enough, but combined with a weihrauch silencer i dont think anything can be better.

Have to agree, I've owned the FSB and Non FSB HW100's

In standard trim the FSB is not silenced enough looks great and is super pointable but needs the extra silencer which then makes it slightly longer than the HW100K

The HW100 non FSB with the Standard Weihrauch 1/2" silencer works very well and is so much quiter than a FSB in standard trim.

For the best silencing the FSB model with the add on silencer is a mouse fart and very good.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaNick View Post
    Have to agree, I've owned the FSB and Non FSB HW100's

In standard trim the FSB is not silenced enough looks great and is super pointable but needs the extra silencer which then makes it slightly longer than the HW100K

The HW100 non FSB with the Standard Weihrauch 1/2" silencer works very well and is so much quiter than a FSB in standard trim.

For the best silencing the FSB model with the add on silencer is a mouse fart and very good.
    I have both (karbine) too and the FSB is a lot quieter. Wondering whether it worth getting a large spare cylinder for the FSB to increase the shot count?

I was shooting my Airwolf next to a guy with an fsb and to be honest I think mine was quieter. I've got the hw100 with a silencer and it's better than the fsb
    I'll be back!!

I have a HW 100K FSB with the A&M cylinder, I fitted a Weihrauch silencer this gives me loads of shots and its silent, well almost, I dont think you would go far wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by isbjorn101 View Post
    I have a HW 100K FSB with the A&M cylinder, I fitted a Weihrauch silencer this gives me loads of shots and its silent, well almost, I dont think you would go far wrong.

Do you have any contact details for A&M?
    ColinM

Quote Originally Posted by Cooperman.22 View Post
    Do you have any contact details for A&M?
    Link :http://www.amcustomgunsmiths.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post

Nice one, thanks.
    ColinM

Quote Originally Posted by isbjorn101 View Post

This is something I have been thinking about but not just fitting the A+M carbine cylinder, rather fitting the full length one, anyone done this on an FSB carbine HW100.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.

FSB v Weirauch silencer

Hi I have both and I find the FSB without a silencer is louder than the standard with silencer but add a silencer to the FSB and they are both very quiet must admit I love the FSB carbine .Regarding the A & M cylinder I wanted to fit the full length one to my carbine fsb but it would have been tight on the silencer so spoke to A&M and they have made me a custom length of 300 mm looks great .is lighter so better handling and shot count in .177 is 105 shots before drop in poi from 200 bar fill I believe they are now carrying this as a stock length for the FSB .I havnt had the chance to check the shot count in .22 yet hoping to get that done tomorrow.
    Regards Steve
    AIR ARMS PROSPORT .177 , MTC VIPER 4x16x50 :cool, HW100T.177, MTC VIPER 10x40. :cool, HW 100 FSB CARBINE .177 MTC viper 10x40 , HW 100 FSB CARBINE .22 MTC viper 10x40 , XS TH78D .22 Hawk varmint 11.

full length cylinder will fit the FSB no problem as the barrel/shroud is slightly longer than a carbine ,
    mate of mine did this for a better shot count and it doesn't interfere with silencer ....... which is definately quieter than a standard
    HW100 . the extra shroud with a silencer fitted does make a noticable difference