Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAC's, are they still used and what are they worth?

TAC's, are they still used and what are they worth?

Hi guys, I have a few items advertised on evil bay and I have just received an email saying they have been removed "as brass shell cases are prohibited items"! Well I've sent them a reply telling them the error of their ways, and that due to their ignorance they have removed an item that they shouldn't, but knowing evil bay they won't change their mind about this, so I will stick them up for sale in the sales section, but I would like an idea of what to ask please.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Still legal to buy and own I believe. Illegal to posses gun for their use without fac.

About £4-5 each if good working condition.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Thank you tinbum.

God! if you reckon £4-5 each I have £500 worth of tacs. I would not think they are used much now days as it all seems to be gas pistols. I have two revolvers on fac, what a farce, they are worth nothing and one of them cost me well over £200, a beautifully made pistol but with no value.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    God! if you reckon £4-5 each I have £500 worth of tacs. I would not think they are used much now days as it all seems to be gas pistols. I have two revolvers on fac, what a farce, they are worth nothing and one of them cost me well over £200, a beautifully made pistol but with no value.
    He is correct, I bought 50 , boxed with seal kits for £50 posted off the Bay of E
    Ged. Pics are in the Search facility ?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I stand corrected. I thought increasing scarcity would keep prices higher
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    He is correct, I bought 50 , boxed with seal kits for £50 posted off the Bay of E
    Ged. Pics are in the Search facility ?
    Seems my £12 for 5 asking price may be high!

You won't get them off the bay any more friend. I have just been exchanging messages as to why they removed my advert for them, and it seems that they "can be converted to live rounds" ??? Please see below part of the last reply I received...

"I can understand that you didn't intend to breach policies and listed a questionable item due to unawareness about the policy. I've reviewed your listing details and found that the action was taken in-line to policies. Please understand that you had listed Cartridges or Air gun ammunition, this type of cartridges are not allowed on the site as it can be used for making up an actual ammunition. Please know that if some one buy this from the site and use it after inserting gun powder or pellet having gun powder in it then, it will work as an actual ammunition. I'm sorry that our agent marked the item as Brass shell in the previous email. However, I'd like to inform you that we don't allow these type of cartridges or air gun pellets on the site."

I have highlighted the above passage in red, not the person from the bay. Throughout the emails ,the persons dealing with it has been very polite and courteous.
    Last edited by Requoil; 02-11-2011 at 01:10 PM.

I fear I am being victimised by now. They have removed my listing for an old tin of about 65 vintage pointed pellets. I did not know that you couldn't list pointed pellets on there, but someone should tell the other, over 100, sellers who havwe pointed pellets for sale.
    Is the pointed pellets issue due to intevention by the authorities? I have never found them to be that accurate myself, so wouldn't mind if they disappeared altogether, but what is the problem with them being sold? I'm very puzzled.

It depends who you are.I tried to sell a barrell and it was reported and removed in 30 minutes.In a fit of pique I reported 7 others selling the same and none of them were removed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    It depends who you are.I tried to sell a barrell and it was reported and removed in 30 minutes.In a fit of pique I reported 7 others selling the same and none of them were removed at all.
    Evilbay don't know their arse from their elbow. They (used to) insist that "Silencers", which, rightly or wrongly, are prohibited on their site are not the same as moderators. When asked if I listed a silencer as a moderator could I sell it then. After a pause the numpty said "Er, yes I suppose so"

Barrels are prohibited if they are for firearms (their wording) but again they don't seem to understand an air gun is a firearm

Pellets are allowed pointed or not btw Requoil. I would create over them removing them.

The long and short of it is if you want to sell then do it on here.

Once again, thank you guys for being the voice of reason for me. The trouble is with the Bay is that you are arguing with faceless jobsworths and are unlikely to win, even if you are right! What I will say is, the messages I received were polite and courteous, but they were not for moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Requoil View Post
    Once again, thank you guys for being the voice of reason for me. The trouble is with the Bay is that you are arguing with faceless jobsworths and are unlikely to win, even if you are right! What I will say is, the messages I received were polite and courteous, but they were not for moving.
    Judging by the language used in that reply, your faceless jobsworths are probably located in India (or some other outsourcing destination).
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeG View Post
    Evilbay don't know their arse from their elbow. They (used to) insist that "Silencers", which, rightly or wrongly, are prohibited on their site are not the same as moderators. When asked if I listed a silencer as a moderator could I sell it then. After a pause the numpty said "Er, yes I suppose so"

Barrels are prohibited if they are for firearms (their wording) but again they don't seem to understand an air gun is a firearm

Pellets are allowed pointed or not btw Requoil. I would create over them removing them.

The long and short of it is if you want to sell then do it on here.

Hi Spikeg, yes, they inform me that barrels are allowed if you specify that they are for airguns, BUT, pointed pellets ARE a prohibited item, thats why they have removed my tin of 65 pointed pellets, twice now. So I went down the list and reported the first 40 lots of "pointed pellets" asking that they also be removed, but have they removed them? I think you already know the answer to that one.

I think there must be a couple of hundred ads for pointed pellets, but they are somehow different to mine!

tac air rifle

A good few years ago a friend had a rifle that took tacs of some description.

What was the rifle? It looked like a quality center fire rifle nice walnut stock? the cartridges/ tacs were huge i seem to remember

Were they banned with the pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by Requoil View Post
    B]BUT[/B], pointed pellets ARE a prohibited item
    Is that in an email from them, as I can't find in their prohibited items list anywhere? (Unless I'm being blind )
    Although if they're solid then perhaps they are classing them as bullets? (which are prohibited.)

Would be interested to know.