Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: challenge to all bell target shooters.

challenge to all bell target shooters.

I am throwing down the gauntlet to all you Bell target shooters out there. compare your score shot at your venue to that of mine (Hawkins-W'ton league) and others. Results posted on the bell group on Fb. gives you reserve shooters something to aim for and you hots shots real competition. every week we will see's come forward to take a tilt at some real competition. Top Dog or Humble pie eater which one will you be. Enjoy. lets put some real fun back
    in bell target!

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Have you got a proper link to the site your talking about mate?
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

itsaheadshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadhill1 View Post
    If you start to wave your cock about on the BBS one of two things will probably happen:-

1. someone will come along with a bigger one.

2. someone will come along and chop it off.

HTH

Charles
    its another reason why its known as bellend shooting!

I like your idea in principle but there's no way I will subscribe to Facebook.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Bell Target

Hi

I have been shooting bell target for 40 years plus, and I just cannot see how the comp would work, there are so many different forms of bell target, how would you make it fair to have a genuine competition, i.e. how would you score a match between two teams of six, the one team using full spec match rifles over 7 yards and the other using spring rifles ( Webley Super target) over six yards, it just would not work..

In the past my team and League have visited other teams and leagues for competitions and maybe this is the way to promote the sport, being in South Wales and being a social team it would require a night away, we could be up for a social break. We visit you and shoot under your rules with your form of rifle, and then you visit us and shoot under our rules with our form of rifle. Just a thought.

Jim

Bell target posts removed.

Some of you will have noticed I have removed some of the posts for this thread- I walked passed a mirror

My thoughts to Jim lad is that it is not expected to work. that is the whole idea. you would accept a challenge from some guy in another league shooting different rifles , pellets even. and compare your score based against your own average. win or lose you are engaged in conversation on one to one level and have a laugh but mostly at oneself

bell target

Hi

Just don't see the point!

Jim

the point!

Hi jim, the point in question is easy. take last night for example we (the hawkins) had a match against the civil defence in the wolverhampton league a chap came over to me from the other team and introduced himself as fellow member of the air rifle bell target fb group. so instead of competing against strangers it was now one between friends. Fb has its evils I agree but when you compete in a friendly sport such as ours it can be your new best friend in getting to know people who share an interest.
    I would like to shoot against you Jim and at the same time educate me in the joys of shooting in the valleys.

not broke in your area!

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    I like your idea in principle but there's no way I will subscribe to Facebook.
    Some leagues are flourishing, However it is in steady decline in ours. shame but there you are. wolverhampton and birmingham leagues need new impetus to survive. my idea is simply that-

The Point is

Terry, You have only returned to BT recently and you seem to be wading in with both left feet.
    Because we all shoot at a very similar target means we are not all the same. Distances, rifles, shots and so on.

Instead of rubishing others effort such as belltarget.com try reading it and using it and you will see.
    There are many working hard to help promote this little known sport.
    This has resulted in a resurgence of interest in the sport and for the first time there is some growth.
    There are examples on here and in the USA.
    Jim is hard working in south Wales and the Aberdare league are working on ideas too.

There are others in your own team who have not sat still. (Pitty your club site has not been updated in a long while)
    Walton Lions in the Midlands are out and about at Game fairs and recently featured on the BBC.

After reading FB you seem hell bent on undoing this slow but steady work by many.
    The shooting world is complex and you need to understand it first and work with the working shooters not rubbish them.

The point is- reply

I can agree with some of the points you raised in reply to my thread. shame more people with either both left or right feet don't contribute or debate more on Bt. I applaud the work done by many to promote the sport. However I think we are losing a great opportunity by not supporting the sport more on FB.Which, many would agree is a window on society. I have received negative comments regarding my views on internet representation of bt. but my point is a valid one that people checking out bt on a search engine would be directed to Belltarget.com. Now me being 53 would accept the site as ok! in fact i like it! but if we are going to attract young people to the sport we have to offer them something well ! better. Many fine post graduates in web design are working in supermarkets because of the lack of opporunities to earn a living designing websites. perhaps if our sport got together we could support at least one web student to practice his or her trade- which I my say through your tax's you have already paid for!!!and provide the sport with a bit of eye candy. Web site design is something we can all do- but to do exceptionally well, takes talent and training. Please feel free to ask the opinion of anyone in the internet media business for their views.

Bell Target

Hi Terry

When I say I don’t see the point, what I mean is that, Bell target shot as it supposed to be, is a very competitive sport, if fact one of the only shooting sports where you shoot for a team shot for shot against a member of the opposing team, and all the tension adrenalin, nerves and worry that you will loose to the other member and possibly loose the match for you team is all part of the attraction, so shooting on different plate over different ranges with different scorers in different venues can never be as competitive, or have the same attraction.

The way I try to promote the sport is that I and some other members of our organisation have gone through a NSRA Youth Proficiency Coaching Course, a NSRA Club Coaching Course, a Vulnerable Adults Course and a Child Protection course, having completed these courses it allows me to train young children from the ages of eight to sixteen from local youth clubs, the local Air Cadets and some special needs children, we have even had some visually impaired children shooting with the aid of lasers, which gives me a lot of satisfaction and along the way have encouraged a number of children into the sport, some of these children have brought along their parents and they are now participating in our league, which is all good news, we have even had sponsorship from local businesses to allow our organisation to purchase suitable rifles for the youngsters to use. ( AA200s & AA400mprs). There are a lot of people out there working for the good of shooting in general and most of the work is done behind the scenes.

Jim
    Last edited by Jimlad; 19-11-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: more information

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Hi Terry

When I say I don’t see the point, what I mean is that, Bell target shot as it supposed to be, is a very competitive sport, if fact one of the only shooting sports where you shoot for a team shot for shot against a member of the opposing team, and all the tension adrenalin, nerves and worry that you will loose to the other member and possibly loose the match for you team is all part of the attraction, so shooting on different plate over different ranges with different scorers in different venues can never be as competitive, or have the same attraction.

The way I try to promote the sport is that I and some other members of our organisation have gone through a NSRA Youth Proficiency Coaching Course, a NSRA Club Coaching Course, a Vulnerable Adults Course and a Child Protection course, having completed these courses it allows me to train young children from the ages of eight to sixteen from local youth clubs, the local Air Cadets and some special needs children, we have even had some visually impaired children shooting with the aid of lasers, which gives me a lot of satisfaction and along the way have encouraged a number of children into the sport, some of these children have brought along their parents and they are now participating in our league, which is all good news, we have even had sponsorship from local businesses to allow our organisation to purchase suitable rifles for the youngsters to use. ( AA200s & AA400mprs). There are a lot of people out there working for the good of shooting in general and most of the work is done behind the scenes.

Jim
    Agreed.

bell Target Promotion

Hi Terry

This is a picture of one of the NSRA Youth Proficiency Courses we run, We involved the local police by asking the the Officer in charge of the Armed Response team to present the certificates, the kids had a visit to the training facility and the local press came along to take photos. It is all good publicity and the ultimate aim is to educate and involve people who are not involved with shooting, and get them involved. Police involved, Kids Involved, Parents Involved, Public Awareness, all good news for shooting in general.

Jim