Thread: Scope or Red Dot?

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Scope or Red Dot?

I am trying to get my head around shooting my Rohm out to 25 yards.

Currently, I have a 2x32 scope on there. I don't know whether I like it though as the sight picture ends up looking smaller than it really is due to the long eye relief etc.

Anyway, thinking of trying a Red Dot so that the targets still look the right size. Any thoughts or recommendations? Don't want something with a massive dot, and guessing that a tube type might be better in rain etc?

Cheers
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    Hi Paul,
    Im in the same boat, Ive just taken the plunge (excuse the joke) and ordered a Holographic red dot of our sponsors.
    This is just my fun gun, I dont want to get too serious,
    Cheers Peter.
    Last edited by Lavant_Lad; 06-11-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Smile red dot

Quote Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
    I am trying to get my head around shooting my Rohm out to 25 yards.

Currently, I have a 2x32 scope on there. I don't know whether I like it though as the sight picture ends up looking smaller than it really is due to the long eye relief etc.

Anyway, thinking of trying a Red Dot so that the targets still look the right size. Any thoughts or recommendations? Don't want something with a massive dot, and guessing that a tube type might be better in rain etc?

Cheers
    It is ok to not know what you don't know
    I have A BSA 30 mm on my Webley. It has 11 intensity settings and the 1 thru 3 settings are really pretty small. I shoot 20 to 35 yds regularly with no problem. I feel that you can't beat a good set of cross hairs, but shaky as I am I don't need to magnify the error.
    Cost of The BSA is about $40.00 american Good luck
    Dwk54rak North Port, Florida, USA

Thanks guys.

Peter, I'll have a look at yours mate if that's ok? I know that you are not taking the pistol too seriously ( ), so once you get fed up with the red dot, I sense a bargain coming on
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    You wish.

bargin hunter

Paul
    i will bring two diferent types for you to look at on sunday
    so you might get that yes sir head round them
    rgds
    john
    Guisley FTC

Quote Originally Posted by Lavant_Lad View Post
    You wish.
    Yep, on a daily basis I also know what you are like

Quote Originally Posted by harps View Post
    Paul
    i will bring two diferent types for you to look at on sunday
    so you might get that yes sir head round them
    rgds
    john
    Cheers John, was hoping to stick one on my pistol to see what it was like.

try the Webley Alecto Holographi​c Red Green Dot Weaver Sight it has four different types of aim points crosshairs, a red dot etc