Thread: BSA fore sight hood

BSA fore sight hood

Hi chaps looking for a BSA fore sight hood for a Airsporter before I go buy one for chamber £10 with p&p p/s are they all the same cheers craig

Apart from the very early Airsporters which were more of a square shape when you look end on. If seen these examples sell for £30!

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Cheers I.J. £30 bloody hell do any other bsa fore hoods fit the airsporter

Hood

Hi Craig What Airsporter do you have. The MK1 & MK11's had a square shaped hood not sure about the MK111 from then on they were round not sure if the early one's were knurled. Any hood from a Scorpion, mercury ETC should fit. Other members might be able to confirm this, all depends if you want an authentic look. Hope this is of some help....... Mark

Thanks Mark thats good to know I have a mk4 airsporter like to keep it has original as poss will the ones form chamber be original or could they be from other bsa models

Like wise I am looking for rear sight and fore sight for a Mk6 Airsporter, and wonder if there is any where else than chambers that would supply these?
    Paul
    AA S400 .177Leapers 4x16x56 swat accushot, HW97KT .177 hawke Varmit sf 2.5x10x44 , HW77K .22 V mached,mountmaster 4x12x50 50IR AO
    Mk 6 Airsporter .22 3x9 x40 AO, Walther Umarex CP99 .177

Hi paul try. Protek Supplies and go in to air gun spares near bottom of page there are some fore sight for Airsporter but you dont get the hood £12 I think craig

Quote Originally Posted by hairlesshunter View Post
    Hi chaps looking for a BSA fore sight hood for a Airsporter before I go buy one for chamber £10 with p&p p/s are they all the same cheers craig
    Dig deep guys!!
    The Mk 4 has the rounded cover as has been mentioned, Chambers is the only place that I know to get a new one.

I have just paid (more than I dare admit) on the auction site for an early square cover for my Mk 2

All of the sights seem to be getting dearer second hand too now, and try finding a Mk3/4 all plastic rear sight that is not split where the pin goes through!! and they are out of stock new now.
    Luckily a good friend gave me a perfect one from his spares box for my Mk 3 airsporter.(thanks John)
    But even the later sights are getting pricey on the bay. Seen the same thing happen with motorbike parts over the last four years due to that auction site making things available, and generating interest,and thus higher prices. Its great for hunting things down but not for prices.

Just remember the round covers tend to ping!! and spring off into orbit on the slightest glance from every branch, cupboard door and gun sleeve!!

Dean.
    BASC

Cheers for that dean c think I will buy one and keep it in the gun safe