Thread: Pro Target regulator advice

Pro Target regulator advice

As per title, the regulator on my Mk3 Pro Target needs repairing or replacing.

Trying to decide the best way to go. Get a service kit and rebuild the original regulator or replace with a Rob Lane or Huma regulator.

Any advice/recommendations?

Also looking for a replacement Breech Shaft Part No. RN130. Unfortunately this is no longer available from Air Arms.

Cheers
    Pete

Reg

Isp shaun hil

Nick Murphy

Dave penman

try

https://www.airarmsspares.com/air-arms-spares/ for spares

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    As per title, the regulator on my Mk3 Pro Target needs repairing or replacing.

Trying to decide the best way to go. Get a service kit and rebuild the original regulator or replace with a Rob Lane or Huma regulator.

Any advice/recommendations?

Cheers
    Pete
    The design of the Mk3 regulator is quite sound and reliable.

I would personally get it serviced it rather than replace.

My Pro-Target has a Mk3 regulator fitted and in the 21 years I have owned it has only needed servicing three times, third service carried out two weeks ago.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

I was going to rebuild and fettle my FTP900 reg but went for a Rob Lane reg as he uses spring rather than Bellville washers which i allways find induce a bit of creep, 7fps spread now.
    Last edited by Tricky-Ricky; 16-09-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks for the replies and comments.

I have decided to keep it original and have purchased a full rebuild kit from Rob Lane (already have it, superb service from Rob) along with one of his quick fill adaptors and pressure gauge to set the regulator. I also got some O rings from Air Arms to give it a full service.
    Once rebuilt I'm not sure whether to put it back into it's original Blue stock or carry on trying to get used to the aluminium stock that I bought from a chap called Chris Whytock. (some thing like that. It was 12 years ago)

With regards to the parts, I have managed to refurbish the breech shaft and the side plate will need painting, but that's not on view when in the stock. I have contacted Air Arms spares but they have not come back to me yet.

One thing I would like to find is an original wood finish laminate stock so I can keep the Blue one in it's current condition as there does not seem to be many about now.

Cheers

Pete