Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FWB 124 Sport MK2

FWB 124 Sport MK2

I have a friend who's not on the net, he is selling a FWB 124 Sport MK2 in mint condition. It has the original open sights with no visible marks anywhere. It has recently been fettled by Tony at Sandwell Field Sports. He describes the action and stock as 10/10 and according to him it is a minter. I personally have not seen the gun, but I know he looks after his stuff. Just wondering how much it was worth.

FWB

Hi - the FWB 127 mk1 or mk 3 are more desirable and they have by far the best stocks (i've had more than a few of these myself over the years)
    There seems to be more 124's on the go than 127's

As for price - well thats in the eye of the beholder i suppose but if its a minter it would really have to be £200 plus ( but right at the minute everybodys getting ready for xmas so sell now or leave it till probably February onwards )

ATB
    Les

Thanks for the quick reply Les. I will let him know. Neil.

Stock,

i had a mk2, and thought the stock very nice, better than the 3 mk1's that i have owned, and better than my mk3 that i have, but then, i always thought that the stocks are overall very good anyway on any sport be it a 124, or 127, cheers tim,

If it is "Mint" then 300 quid is closer to the mark.

BUT.. mint really means mint as in "as it left the shop when new"

I would guess 250 if it is very close to mint.

Again photos are everything. A nicely grained stock can add 30-50 quid just like that...

Cheers
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post

Again photos are everything. A nicely grained stock can add 30-50 quid just like that...

Cheers
    A accurate valuation AND a Tommy Cooper impression ! What more could you need?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    A accurate valuation AND a Tommy Cooper impression ! What more could you need?

ATB
    Ian
    Very good Ian
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thanks guys, he thought it was worth more than 200 and was hoping for around 300 for it when he sold it. I will try and get some pictures and upload them here for a more accurate valuation. Neil.

stock

if people use this site properly, then they should no what most common makes of air rifles are fetching, to be told that a feinwerkbau stock with a bit of pattern in it, will put the price up on the rifle by £30 to £50 pounds, will then increase the value of the air rifle that he all ready said could be worth £300 if in mint condition, what next a mint relum tornado for £200, but put an extra £50 on it for a really dark stock,!!!!!

I'm saying nowt!!
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by legionaire View Post
    if people use this site properly, then they should no what most common makes of air rifles are fetching, to be told that a feinwerkbau stock with a bit of pattern in it, will put the price up on the rifle by £30 to £50 pounds, will then increase the value of the air rifle that he all ready said could be worth £300 if in mint condition, what next a mint relum tornado for £200, but put an extra £50 on it for a really dark stock,!!!!!
    That's true though, what he said, isn't it? A nicely figured stock is certainly more desirable than a plain one, and a genuinely "like new", unused FWB Sport would make £300, wouldn't it? A new HW95 would cost you that.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Don't know where my comment went; anyway £300 mint is about it with any factory stock. Popular rifle then, popular rifle now and there are plenty out. Price is on condition, so anything goes in between.
    Shops often put a higher price on them than they should. Wrong price and they don't move very fast.

Most mint as new and seldom used FWB sports will need fettling to speak as the piston seal will become very brittle and fall apart over a matter of time , but if Tony has sorted it that can only add further value to what you descibe as a MINT air rifle and i would put a price between £280 -£300.

If i remember right the famous cataloges like littlewoods use to sell FWB sports for £93
    I'm not mad, I just do what I'm told by the voices.

Of course the quality and grain of a stock can have a great influence on the price of a gun. Something like this: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...=ProSport2.jpg or this http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nt=Export1.jpg can add 50% plus to the value of a gun.
    Personally, I wouldn't give you £100 for a solid gold Relum Tornado.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

If you look at the comments from the members on here who are considered by 99.9% of the forum as very clued up very experienced authorities on collectable guns; you will then see how far out your "flaming" post is to the truth of the matter...

Deleting your post would doubtless do you a favour; as it has unfortunately made you look a little ignorant...

Or perhaps you already "no" that?
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 11-11-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Spelling