Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FWB 124 Sport MK2

Quote Originally Posted by legionaire View Post
    if people use this site properly, then they should no what most common makes of air rifles are fetching, to be told that a feinwerkbau stock with a bit of pattern in it, will put the price up on the rifle by £30 to £50 pounds, will then increase the value of the air rifle that he all ready said could be worth £300 if in mint condition, what next a mint relum tornado for £200, but put an extra £50 on it for a really dark stock,!!!!!
    And I thought the idea of this forum was to help each other and share our passion for collecting older air weapons.

Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Of course the quality and grain of a stock can have a great influence on the price of a gun. Something like this: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...=ProSport2.jpg or this http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nt=Export1.jpg can add 50% plus to the value of a gun.
    Personally, I wouldn't give you £100 for a solid gold Relum Tornado.

ATB
    Ian

Oh yes you would Ian! and then you'd have it melted down and made into a Weihrauch HW 35!

ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    Oh yes you would Ian! and then you'd have it melted down and made into a Weihrauch HW 35!

ATB
    Eric
    What a brilliant idea!

Now, made I remind some posters on this subject that the Collectables section is the Gentlemans area unlike the riff-raff on the remainder of the forum.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Now, made I remind some posters on this subject that the Collectables section is the Gentlemans area unlike the riff-raff on the remainder of the forum.

ATB
    Ian
    Ditto what me learned colleague has said.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Ditto what me learned colleague has said.
    Echoing my own sentiments

Thank for your support Gentlemen
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thanks

Just want to say thanks for the help, I am meeting my friend over the next few days and will get some detailed pictures. I will then put it up for sale on his behalf in the appropriate section. Neil.

We all know the 1979, 80 HW35 E's and a few Vixens and 55's could have some lovely grain in the stocks. HW have got more and more uninteresting since to the point they are bland now. Beeman had a super deluxe stock for their FWB Sports but was it stocked at the factory or stocked in America?

Mastersport and Venum put some nice wood on theirs too, but both messed with the outline and don't improve the fine line that the standard factory stock undeniably has. Some Sports are a little nicer than others but not by much, MKIII's were dyed darker but still nothing much in grain on them. Even those refinished don't come up that well. Shame the Original 45 and 50 never had some real walnut and no Jubilee ones don't work look wise. One of the nicest stocks for feel is the Webley Omega but shame they never did a walnut like the Vulcan Deluxe which are very nice (though Vulcan quality control was rubbish, MKI's for the price were better).

Thoughts please gents.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    MKI's for the price were better).

Thoughts please gents.
    MK1 what? FWB Sports?

I have 3 FWB Sports and whilst 2 of them have very plain bland stocks almost plain brown, the other one has quite a pretty stock - all beech granted but I know which one I would value more highly...

When I mentioned nicer grain adding 30-50 quid to the gun I was of course referring to stocks made in other woods than Beech as well as the more interesting Beech ones.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    We all know the 1979, 80 HW35 E's and a few Vixens and 55's could have some lovely grain in the stocks. HW have got more and more uninteresting since to the point they are bland now. Beeman had a super deluxe stock for their FWB Sports but was it stocked at the factory or stocked in America?

One of the nicest stocks for feel is the Webley Omega but shame they never did a walnut like the Vulcan Deluxe which are very nice (though Vulcan quality control was rubbish, MKI's for the price were better).

Thoughts please gents.
    I think it was stocked in America but some: - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...rrent=FWB1.jpg made there way to this country. This one was the property of Alan Hamer at M.A.G. I think one of one of a limited number (100?)they imported into this country.

I have to agree about the Webley Omega stock as I have one for sale. (A blatant plug. )
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....td.-Beech.-R-h

ATB
    Ian

I think it was stocked in America but some: - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...rrent=FWB1.jpg made there way to this country. This one was the property of Alan Hamer at M.A.G. I think one of one of a limited number (100?)they imported into this country.

I have to agree about the Webley Omega stock as I have one for sale. (A blatant plug. )
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....td.-Beech.-R-h

ATB
    Ian

Ian, I spoke to Alan a short time ago re your FWB and he told me that you have the one presented to Graham, Alan STILL has his, and will not sell it!
    Yours is one of only two presented to Alan and Graham as agents of FWB. I have one of the 100 which I am sorry to have to say, is not as good as
    the two that you and Alan own.

ATB
    Eric
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    Ian, I spoke to Alan a short time ago re your FWB and he told me that you have the one presented to Graham, Alan STILL has his, and will not sell it!
    Yours is one of only two presented to Alan and Graham as agents of FWB. I have one of the 100 which I am sorry to have to say, is not as good as
    the two that you and Alan own.

ATB
    Eric
    Thanks Eric for clarifying the previous ownership of my FWB Sport.

ATB
    Ian

Envy or what. Maccari has done some Sport stocks in the past but they don't count, nor does any after market unless from a custom house.

MKI Vulcan was engineering and price wise a gem; a very modern design, nice size and weight, powerful and accurate, just shame about the agricultural trigger. By the time MKII's came out, there just wasn't anything new other than stock to compete with the competition and they don't shoot well enough. We had to wait for the Omegas and then they didn't do the trigger full justice

I have three Sports, one has very angular thumb lines unlike the rounded MKI & II's which is why I think it is one of the last??? Its darker too but still beech. Is there anyone who could replicate the Sport and Omega stock without blowing the bank? The other thing with Sports and especially with 124's is that over the production period the spring chambers were not all the same so some just can't get to full power and tuning is not just the case of fitting better innards. Well I can't get my MKI action to up its power though for farmyard ranges it shoots accurately enough. Does anyone have a Sport shooting 11.9 ft/lbs? I've yet to find a better Sporting rifle, though the Omega is close.

.....and what would you know about German classic springers Mr Jones? Is that Sports stock created out of some old MFI wortop? As you know, I was giving my own 124 a run-out the other evening. Although she looks pretty decent in her refinished standard stock, it would be nice to give her the treat of wearing some new clothes such as the MFI "log." As such, I am more than willing to donate my own gun as a model to allow true MFI beauty to be displayed to all and sundry. I wouldn't even charge you!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

gentlemen

If this is the gentlemans section then perhaps members shouldn't ridicule someone over a spelling mistake, regardless of the persons views or whether you agree with their opinion or not.

Quote Originally Posted by El Garro View Post
    If this is the gentlemans section then perhaps members shouldn't ridicule someone over a spelling mistake, regardless of the persons views or whether you agree with their opinion or not.

Quite right! Cut it out Matty!!

ATB
    Eric