Thread: Original Model 66

Original Model 66

I have a nice working Original Model 66 that I may sell as my friend want's the stock to fit on his Model 66.

I also have somebody that would like to buy the sights.

Would anybody like to buy the "complete" working rifle less sights and stock/trigger guard for £100?

This would make a good project for a possible Bell Target rifle etc, or a full set of spare parts for another Model 66.
    Last edited by zooma; 10-11-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Could you not swap your stock with your friend's and hence leave complete a decent gun? Just an idea.

The sights (Diopter) often come up for sale on Egun and they don't cost much.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

The stock and sights are taken care of, but if the mechanics don't sell the Model 66 stays complete. ( probably the better option - but I had to ask).

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I imagine you could adapt a cheap stock - a BSA meteor or similar - to fit the 66 action, pop on a nice 4x32 scope and you would have a superb plinker. that would sell better than an actionless stock to be sure. that is what i would do with it if i had some money to buy it off you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I imagine you could adapt a cheap stock - a BSA meteor or similar - to fit the 66 action, pop on a nice 4x32 scope and you would have a superb plinker. that would sell better than an actionless stock to be sure. that is what i would do with it if i had some money to buy it off you!
    Thats exactly what I did when I came across an as new Anschutz 250 action. I mated it with a tatty Diana 52 (?) stock and Raygun kindly tidied up the stock and re-painted it.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t=PA110009.jpg

I wish someone had told me Ray was colour blind.

Good luck with the sale.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

I wish someone had told me Ray was colour blind.

ATB
    Ian
    nothing wrong with 'royal purple-blue-bottle chav' as a colour for a rifle stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    nothing wrong with 'royal purple-blue-bottle chav' as a colour for a rifle stock.
    It doesn't get lost in the rifle racks.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Model 66 is a Left Hooker

Thanks for the answers to my thread - some of the options are good and worth considering, but at this moment I am thinking the Model 66 should stay complete and in one piece- it has a left handed stock and it is not so easy to find a good "left hooker" like this, so it would be a shame to split it.

The metalic purple stock idea was tempting though!

The thought of breaking a nice rifle does not sit too well with me in any case, so maybe it was not one of my better ideas!

I think I will wait and see if anyone would like a nice l/h Model 66 - I am not in a hurry to do anything with it, and I do have a possible swap for an eqaully nice r/h stock, so if this comes off it would solve the problem and keep another good Model 66 alive and "Original".

.and I could always paint it purple later!
    Last edited by zooma; 18-11-2011 at 03:26 PM.