Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaking tanfaglio pistol.

Leaking tanfaglio pistol.

I recently sold one of these and the buyer tells me it's dumping the co2 as soon as the bulb is screwed in.From what I can make out the valve in the magazine is sealed with no replaceable parts apart from an oring.
    If it's the actual valve what can be done?,apart from a complete new magazine will any other type of valve fit to replace the original one so it can be serviced when needed.
    The buyer has asked me to source the parts to stop the leaks but I'm struggling to find anything suitable.

No experience with the pistol you mention, however have rectified the same problem with my Baikal Makarov by using Crossman Pellgun lube. You simply put a drop on the powerlet head.

Hope you sought it..

i had a similar problem but lost the gas when magazine inserted into gun i lost 4 gas before i discovered that a bb was stuck in the slide . when you take the slide off there is black plastic box at the back of the slide with a small hole in it. i had a bb stuck in that hole. once removed gun worked perfectly . it must have kept the valve open.
    joe

I think this man can fit a new seal if it's not a bb stuck.....magicniner
    'Q' of The UBC
    CP88 4" black,CP88 nickel,Tanfaglio Witness M9D Special..magicniner custom,HW45 .22,Beretta xx-treme .177,S&W 586 3 barrel set,Witness 4.5mm BB,Cheapo .22 rifle gamo,Colt Combat Classic .177,witness 1911 again. http://imageshack.us/g/695/dsci0077mb.jpg/

my mag was leaking so i took it back to the shop and they replaced it

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    I recently sold one of these and the buyer tells me it's dumping the co2 as soon as the bulb is screwed in.From what I can make out the valve in the magazine is sealed with no replaceable parts apart from an oring.
    If it's the actual valve what can be done?,apart from a complete new magazine will any other type of valve fit to replace the original one so it can be serviced when needed.
    The buyer has asked me to source the parts to stop the leaks but I'm struggling to find anything suitable.
    If you bought the pistol new have the buyer post you the mag and send it to the dealer for replacement/repair.
    I replace the capsule neck seals with a high quality Polyurethane unit but havent needed to replace the firing valve seal yet,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Thanks nick, i'm confused with all these different seals, i'm confused false stop :0)
    CP88 4" black,CP88 nickel,Tanfaglio Witness M9D Special..magicniner custom,HW45 .22,Beretta xx-treme .177,S&W 586 3 barrel set,Witness 4.5mm BB,Cheapo .22 rifle gamo,Colt Combat Classic .177,witness 1911 again. http://imageshack.us/g/695/dsci0077mb.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    If you bought the pistol new have the buyer post you the mag and send it to the dealer for replacement/repair.
    I replace the capsule neck seals with a high quality Polyurethane unit but havent needed to replace the firing valve seal yet,
    Regards,
    Nick
    I bought it unused off a member,I couldn't get on with it and only put a couple of Co2 cartridges through it.I'm having the mag returned to see if I can do anything with it.It's a pity the mags are not more readily available so I could just replace the lot to save all the hassle.

Yep, they are hard to get, there's an american man on Umarex boys club forum, he's sending them to us in the UK.

Got the magazine back and it's US.The o rings you can get at are ok as is the bulb seal.The gas is getting past the nylon valve head.Put 15 bulbs in trying various things only to lose the lot straight away.Can't get any spares antwhere so it's virtually scrap unless you can get a complete magazine.

That doesn't sound good at all, i would have thought they'd have spare magazines by now, or decent seals in the mags in the first place!

Yes, the valve is quite poor.A very week spring pulling the valve shut and all sealed so you can't try a stronger one.

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    from the start you need to keep the seals on the mags wet with pellgun oil , then they work just fine , over six thousand rounds through one of mine now , and its still shoots great , love it also keep the slide a bit wet too , co2 has a very freeze drying efect..
    Getting Old

Is there such a thing as a large bottle of pellgun oil, it just doesn't last 5 mins and it's expensive with postage, or is there another oil i can use?, thankyou.

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    Quote Originally Posted by kevandkaz View Post
    Is there such a thing as a large bottle of pellgun oil, it just doesn't last 5 mins and it's expensive with postage, or is there another oil i can use?, thankyou.
    tube lasts me about a year,
    some say auto Trans fluid works, but I never tried it
    Getting Old