Thread: thinking of buying a laser

snapper 01 Guest

Question thinking of buying a laser

i have problems with my sight so would a laser sight help
    what is the function of a laser sight

DON'T DO IT!!!! DIY laser eye surgery is EXTREMELY dangerous and should be left to the experts. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by cr*pshot
    DON'T DO IT!!!! DIY laser eye surgery is EXTREMELY dangerous and should be left to the experts. Hope this helps
    Quality
    Snapper 01, I'm sure someone will come on here and advise you properly (but not me)
    Reg

Nutty_Squirrel Guest
    I spent £80 on a laser and it was the biggest waste of money i have spent. It was used to help my rangefinding however I found that it didnt hold zero long enough for it to be reliable. It was a 'good' soviet bazaar unit with adjustable power output. I had it mounted below my silencer as to give the best rangefinding capabilities but this just made it hard to zero, especially when it would change 2/3 times a session!
    Save your money
    Last edited by Nutty_Squirrel; 23-02-2005 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

alan 114 Guest
    I bought a laser sight and a 1' mount for my scope about £50 and i find its quite helpful in low level light conditions but i found that it dosent really stay zeroed that long.
    Last edited by alan 114; 23-02-2005 at 05:37 PM.

Darren Petts Guest
    If a SB laser isn't holding a zero the mount is faulty or you're mounting it on the stock and the actions moving. The SB mounts are pure poo. Use a regular scope double clamp mount. The only way I see a laser helping a person with bad sight is by mounting it just above the barrel in which case it'll be usefull as an aimpoint to 35 yds or so in .177.
    The main use for a laser is as a rangefinder. If set-up well it can also be an aimpoint from 35 to 55 yds in .177

rog8811 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper 01
    i have problems with my sight so would a laser sight help
    what is the function of a laser sight
    You need to get a laser that you can see easily....(here we go again) I have gone the green laser route, gives you a very bright, tight spot out beyond shooting range. A <5mw green is 10 times brighter than a similar red one so it is easily visable even in bright sunlight. Mine is mounted as a rangefinder, under the forend, and I have not found the need to adjust it.
    The only trouble is you would need to be a bit of a DIY'er to fit it, I could not find one designed for mounting on a gun and went for a pointer and made my own mounting system.

Regards rog8811

Sniper 296 Guest
    I am thinking of getting a laser on my S10 for range finding.... but they cost soo much

Velocette Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper296
    I am thinking of getting a laser on my S10 for range finding.... but they cost soo much
    I'll sell you a Soviet Bazaar 210 mini,mounted in a 1" dovetail mount,,only a few weeks old,,WITH NEW BATTERIES for £25.00. Only been used for confusing the cat.

rog8811 Guest
    [QUOTE= Only been used for confusing the cat. [/QUOTE]

Intrestingly when I tried to confuse the dog with my green one he didn't appear to see it........of course it could be that he is so stupid that he didn't realise I wanted him to chase it!
    Regards rog8811

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Velocette
    I'll sell you a Soviet Bazaar 210 mini,mounted in a 1" dovetail mount,,only a few weeks old,,WITH NEW BATTERIES for £25.00. Only been used for confusing the cat.

YES PLEASE to this
    £25.00 to post all in aok?,
    email on the way.

regards,
    Pete.

…………………………………..……………. * PALADIN * ………………….