Thread: Light Sport Rifle Target?

Light Sport Rifle Target?

Hi all,

Just had a look at the NSRA website to try and get some info on targets and positioning of targets so as we can shoot from 20-25 yards indoor. Does anyone have some info on the above that they could share.
    We are using .22 rimfire and air rifle standing. What are the options available to us.

Thanks in advance

Iain
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452

The majority of competitions (nearly all) are shot using PL14/06 centres at 20 yards from the standing position. So, target height of about 1.4 mtrs should be OK. I should think that you will find everything else you need in Section 8 of the NSRA Rules, although you will have to hunt around a bit. You should note that the 4.5kg weight limit includes sight and glove (if used), there is a trigger weight limit >500g and all cards are scored using a .22 gauge.

Rutty

Thanks, yes trying to find info in the handbook can be a bit trying at times, you know it's in there somewhere. As to the individual comps I will look and see what is available as a lot of would be members of the club have sporting rifles and don't want to spend huge amounts on getting in to pure prone target shooting, we try and convince them that the club equipment will get them started, but the appeal of using there own rifle is leading them towards LSR and we as a club have to try and make sure we don't discourage any form of shooting for the sake of the sport, they also see it as a more relaxed than pure prone target.

Iain
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452

As to the individual comps I will look and see what is available
    Lots of choice but would recommend the Yorkshire Leagues, lots of divisions and concurrent individual/team shooting permitted.

Rutty