Thread: HFT tactics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    I just can't see the killzones, what help do i need??
    Specsavers
    Making waves since 1971.

Seeing your targets is dependant on the depth of field (DOF) of your scope,
    the better the DOF the more targets you see clearly. Unfortunately these scopes
    cost quite a bit. Normal affordable scopes like hawke, mtc, falcon etc perform quite adequately.
    Get the best glass you can afford and your eyes prefer. Find the point in your parallax range which gives
    you the most clear targets (this differs scope to scope) and persevere and practice. Have fun
    Unfortunately as current HFT rules stand the guy with the deeper pockets has an advantage
    If all shooters could see the targets as clear as everyone else it would be about skill and not "kit"

Have a look at this, I found it very useful.

http://www.bfto.org.uk/hfthints.htm

Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

My tactics are: turn up knowing all your aim points for each distance and the correspondence between clarity of the sight picture and range, ie by setting the mag and parallax you can judge distance by how in or out of focus the target is. Add to this the discipline to ensure a perfect shot let off. These can only be learned through practice and familiarity with your kit.

Then and only then can you introduce my secret weapon...the element of ignoring the lot at the crucial point. I must say I've become very good at that recently
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    cost quite a bit. Normal affordable scopes like hawke, mtc, falcon etc perform quite adequately.
    Get the best glass you can afford and your eyes prefer. Find the point in your parallax range which gives
    you the most clear targets (this differs scope to scope) and persevere and practice. Have fun
    Unfortunately as current HFT rules stand the guy with the deeper pockets has an advantage
    If all shooters could see the targets as clear as everyone else it would be about skill and not "kit"
    so true and love the last two lines
    for those who cannot see
    HW 100 Carbine .177
    HW77k .22 tuned by Lyn Lewington

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby1 View Post
    so true and love the last two lines
    for those who cannot see
    Not necessarily, just drop the mag. My best result this year was with a scope that cost me £120 and it's as good for HFT as anything I've got worth 10x that!
    Last edited by Charlts; 16-11-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    Not necessarily, just drop the mag. My best result this year was with a scope that cost me £120 and it's as good for HFT as anything I've got worth 10x that!
    Would you care to share which scope that was? The best results for me were from the little EFR, who needs fancy rets eh?
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by tmstech View Post
    Would you care to share which scope that was? The best results for me were from the little EFR, who needs fancy rets eh?
    3-9x40 VX2 with a mil dot ret on 8x.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!