Thread: Which pistol

Which pistol

I all, looking for a co2 pistol .177 pellet. I like the look off the Beretta 92FS anyone rate them or slate them and what would you recomend? I have around £170 and would pick up only (Wakefield area) and finaly can onyone recomend a shop/sorce to view and buy?

Thanks for looking

Ian

I've got one and love it, it won the Police pistol comp a couple of years back and will be re-entering once the builders have completed builing my new range/garage.

I imaging most of the Umarex type CO2 pistols are pretty similar to that edn there is a very good deal on a CO2 walther CP88 with 4 and 6 inch barrels in the sales section.
    I would snap it up if I didn't already have one
    Last edited by 38thfoot; 17-11-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: just noticed a bargin in the sales section
    AA S410K .22, BSA Supersport .22, HW40 .177, Umarex Berretta 92fs .177 Webley Junior .177 (1954)

Ian look or a cp88 comp lovely pistol I know wer there is one for sale butvthe seller is abroad until next week.
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

Thanks for the replyes. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Beretta 92FS and the Beretta M 92FS models? and is the CP88 all metal?

Ian

dont know the difference between M92FS and 92FS, didn't know there was an M92FS. There was an F which relative to the FS lacks a forward compensator. There are also a range of matt black/nickel/wood grips/plastic grips models in both F and FS models.

When I looked at the CP88 a few years ago I think it was all metal.

The 88 with dual barrels for 80 quid is a stonking deal in my opinion.

AA S410K .22, BSA Supersport .22, HW40 .177, Umarex Berretta 92fs .177 Webley Junior .177 (1954)

At a guess the M is for match with adjustable sights, the sights on my F are non adjustable.

Hope that helps

I found the Beretta a bit over heavy for IPAS.
    The CP88 4" is my favourite.

I'm after a cheap one for my daughter who has just got into IPAS.
    £80 sounds good.
    I've only posted a few times here so can't get onto the "For Sale" posts yet.
    DOH!

Ok thanks. I'm getting the CP88 thats mentiond above.Dont suppose you know what the finish is to the metal? its slightley worn and maybe looking into re-finishing it.
    May get a 92 when more funds are avalible

Thanks All

Ian

i originally wanted to buy a CP88 but bought a 92f off here when it came up at the right price first.

I'm not sure there's that much difference internally or functionally between any of the umarex pistols unless you want a revolver. In your position I would stick with the 88 at a bargin price.

Hi Ian

As someone who has both the Beretta and the CP88 I can confidently tell you it is all about personal preference. Anyway, if you follow the general pistol enthusiast M.O. I'm sure you'll have both very shortly anyway!

My personal opinion in terms of the key differences between the two above is that the Beretta packs a harder punch in terms of fps and it is noticable with a fresh Co2 cap in, and style-wise the Beretta has a slightly greater wow factor with its longer barrel, heavy all metal construction, and distinctive styling.

The CP88 is possibly slightly more understated, but also an all metal construction, and seemingly one of the more accurate Umarexes. Crucially it is smaller and lighter than the 92, and therefore probably a bit easier to shoot. My youngest son (13) prefers it for exactly that reason.

Cheers
    Ash