Thread: Tasco Illuminated Scope via

AndyMc59 Guest

Tasco Illuminated Scope via

Just purchased,for the princely sum of £66 (including postage and insurance)
    a Tasco 6-24 X50 illuminated tasco scope from a guy in Hong Kong via . The interesting , and as far as I am aware "unique selling point" , is the actual reticle . This comprises of a range finding stadia (
    vertical/horizontal lines as opposed to the infamous "Mill-Dot" )and a series of lines below centre that will no doubt be useful for "bracketing" your target allowing for a basic range estimation device . I do not expect the unit to come close to the performance of my current quality scopes and am a firm beleiver in "you get what you pay for" . However , it will certainly be interesting to see how the scope performs on a PCP during my next lamping session . I have to admit to losing the fine crosshairs on my Bushnell scope last time out riding shotgun on a quad bike . I know my eyesight isnt quite as good as it used to be , so the advantage of sight illumination should help .
    Anyway , I will let you know if the admittedly cheapo item proves to be up to the task .
    Andy .

The popular concensus on the BBS were these were probably copies, Will be interesting to see how it stands up to the challange, perhaps you could do a mini review.

We'd love to see it at Tawd Vale this Sunday (HFT) free bacon sarnies if you bring a scope from Japan.

SteveH
    Last edited by SteveH; 24-02-2005 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Spellinge

AndyMc59 Guest
    Thanks chaps . I will of course let you know if the scope is any good . I will not unfortunately be able to attend your shoot this Sunday Steve as I have a "four power scope" competition to win at Rivington !

Good luck in your Rivington comp. I have just availed myself of a set of Mildot Contact Lenses. I look like a Japanese Admiral.

SteveH

AndyMc59 Guest
    Received the scope yesterday . I must say that initial impressions are excellent . The item is marked up as a "Tasco 6-24x50 AOE" and possess a decent sight picture with that marvelous (and illuminating) reticle . I am due to set zero at the club this evening and feel confident that for the total cost of £66 including postage , packing and insurance , it appears that I have purchased that rare item , a genuine bargain ! Andy .

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    I have just availed myself of a set of Mildot Contact Lenses. I look like a Japanese Admiral.

SteveH
    Now there's a novel idea - where can I get some?