Thread: precharged pistol related question........

precharged pistol related question........

Does anybody know if it is possible to use a pump to charge Steyr (and other brand) pistol cylinders?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    You can certainly pump up a Steyr or any other match pistol if you are fit enough! Just get a good quality pump and be carefull to get air filtering to avoid getting moisture in the pistol or cylinder. Divers air which most of us use is safer for the equipment from that point, but I'm sure some one on here with experience of pumping will come along and advise on the protection from moisture which is the only issue other than getting a hernia or heart attack!
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks - only looking at using a pump as it is slightly more portable and storable, but having never used one before I wasn't sure how they were valved - every other precharged I've used (various air arms, bsa super10, rapid) the rifle (or bottle) was sealed even when connected to adapters, with the Steyr cylinder it would start to leak if the adapter was disconnected from the pump/bottle

Guessing a pump would have a one way or non return valve to stop this happening?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I recharge pistol cylinders with a Hills pump, it works out at close to one pump stroke per shot, I'm no marathon runner (I can touch my toes and can run up a flight of stairs without being sick though ) and don't find it strenuous at all,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

I commute 28 miles a day by pushbike and eat my weetabix so that should be fine

Thanks for all the help to date