Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a type A,B or C?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Are you a type A,B or C?

We know that this is the gentleman's section of the bbs so I thought I would post here.
    Let,s say you came across an old gun at a carboot sale or somebody had one in their shed and just wanted to get rid of it for maybe £10 or £15 or so. It would not be anything in really good condition or collectible like a Webley service, but it would be complete or nearly complete. We are talking something like a Webley Hawk,Bsa Meteor sort of thing, maybe a Webley Mk3 or an earlyish Airsporter.
    If it could be cleaned up with a bit of fine wire wool,stripped and lubed and made to work for very little outlay but would still look "used", what would you do with the gun?
    (A) Clean it up, look for any missing parts and keep it
    (B) Sell it on here for a small profit as a restoration
    (C) Let everyone know that you have the gun and are breaking it and putting it on that auction site.
    I know that there are other options but I think they are the main 3.
    a type (A) I think
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    A, or maybe B if I start to think I've bitten off more than I can chew.
    Really bugs me when I see a classic broken for "spares" on e-bay. The only excuse is if the gun was knackered to start with, but I've seen rifles in obviously good condition destroyed just for a few extra quid.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

If it was Crosman or maybe any other 'pump up' Then I am firmly in the A camp

I think I'm in camp A. Currently restoring a old BSA Mecury at the moment.
    Basc member

*** Looking for a Diana 54/52 ***

I am in the A camp

A.b.or.c

A. for me too

about above

A not a fan of cash sales so may swap for something if i did not do A,

Ieazo is offline Tony hawk's stunt double...Just the face though

Type A

Currently working on an old Milbro G25, I already have a .177 in excellent, has had piston and breech seals replaced by myself and a little tidy up, had it since new other than that it's as nature intended. This one is .22 and given to me by a friend who got it as part of an auction lot, badly butchered and a horrible dark stain on the stock along with some bad DIY chequering, surprisingly the internals were all there and standard with the exception of a missing mainspring and trigger spring, also no stock screws and badly rusting blueing. The blueing has cleaned up nicely and it's had a new piston seal, just need to put the trigger in and find some stock screws and a breech seal. The stock has been planed to removed the chequering and remove the stain, just got to sand and sort out the hacked at pistol grip, good fun and it'll be another nice old plinker, unfortunately this one needs a scope as open sights are missing and I don't think I'll find a set to replace with, got a nice old Gold Crown which might work.

Sorry to digress, definately type A.
    I like tinkering and banging

It would be camp B, as I would have considered that I had done my bit rescuing it and then selling it on here for a modest profit would allow someone else to get pleasure from it also.

I really am one of the very last of the good guys.....

a b or c

I'm A with a touch of B if I'm short of cash for something else.
    The more I practice the luckier I get

Put me down in the ...A.... group too.

Roy.
    Looking for ANY air weapon with the retailers mark of 'Wilkinson Pall Mall, London'.
    Please visit my website: www.wilkinsonfscollection.com

A my wife thinks always buying junk (and some of it is)but if its anything to do with guns or shooting I normally hang on to it !
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I'm a gun tart, so I would start out A and then sell it when something else caught me eye!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

B.No, A. erm. ?

I'd like to say a definite B. Get an oldie ship shape and shooting nice, sell it on so someone can have their own fun with another one saved from the scrapheap. Use any profit to buy the next one.... But wait, hmmm, shoots quite nice, make a bit more room in the wardrobe, I'm keeping the old bugger !
    I might break a bitsa but reckon it'd be more fun to source the parts and get it shooting again. Currently got an 80% complete relum 322 on the go. Ho hum.

(B) if I know someone else would appreciate it more or
    (D) Buy it, put it into my gun room and forget Ive got it. (Theres not a lot going for old age.)

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk