Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a type A,B or C?

Ah; nice one that!

I'm a definite A or perhaps B if it's one of my favourite models and the B element means I know some-one else wit the same interests.

But probably E (since IJ has defined a D); leave for someone else since I have too many projects already!

It's good blinking fun though isn't it!

ATVB
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

A ... initially as I love a challenge but eventually it might get sold but without a desire to make a big profit.
    I cannot think that I would sell it for parts though.
    Cheers, Phil

I am definitely in the 'A' club.
    I have sold guns in the past that I think I must have loved cos I now I regret everyday I havn't got them.

Ah my TX200SR in .177, and walnut!!!!!!!

AND THATS JUST ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

edbear2 Guest
    Bit of all three plus;

(E).Buy an oldie with missing bits to do up, give up hope of ever finding said bits, so break said gun to help finish OTHER oldie bought earlier with missing bits......give up hope of finishing this one, so break down again, chuck the whole lot in a box, buy ANOTHER oldie thinking "hmmmm......I can finish THIS one".discover on emptying box that in fact this is not the case, so add more bits etc. etc.

"A" group for me

I am currently struggling with a CS a beautiful gum all woodwork correct and fires great, just a problem with the sights which is getting closer to fruition, looking forward to completing this project and ringing some bells with it
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

I am catagory B. Clean - tinker - sell on... My gun cabinet is smaller than my apetite!

B i cant keep nothing,,,,,,,,,,,,

i think i would be a type A because i love older guns

Hi Guy...

More of A ..I think...have only gone on the B route a couple of times..pass on for what it cost,and let someone else have some enjoyment..

Regard's

Inproved...Steve...

Type A.

Type A...
    There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    Christopher Morley

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I'm Type F
    Buy it broken or left handed, or both (I'm Right Handed)
    Find that parts aren't available and make them.
    Keep it.

ATB,
    - Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

I would like to think I was type A but I usually lack the skills and certainly the money to keep buying...so I would gradually fall off into the lesser catagories...

E. Get it shooting okay and then use it as a test bed. I picked up a webley ss9 (which is actually chinese!) so I could piddle about with peep sights

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    but I've seen rifles in obviously good condition destroyed just for a few extra quid.
    Sadly in this day and age it is not "just a few extra quid" and therein lies the problem.

I am firmly a "type A" but I know I am doing myself no favours... e.g. :

I have spent 9 months getting the various bits together to rebuild an Innova. I have spent a lot of time and effort trying to find almost half the gun parts as it was bought as a box of bits with about 50% missing

I have worked out that I have spent a total of 150 quid so far and I still need 3 more hard-to find parts

I could have sold the original box of bits (cost me 70 quid) for 130 quid by selling each bit individually on that site; so that's a quick 60 quid I could have made

When the gun is complete I have 2 options...

1) I will be able to sell this gun complete and working perfctly for about 130 quid - a loss of about 30 quid

2) I can take it apart and get 250-300 quid for the parts listed individually on that site - a profit of 90 - 140 quid

The "type C" brigade are not stupid...
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 22-11-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.